Sheriff Helmig resigns but only until Jan 4???

Plato

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True, but if he just went to the house he'd get the pension any way.

Would anyone even look at this twice if he retired with his pension and went to work as a Loss Prevention Dist Mgr for KMart, took a teaching job at the academy or pretty much took any other job?

Probably the closest thing to this is when public school administrators retire, start drawing their pension, then get rehired by the same district under a good-ol'-boy 100-day contract. I don't have a problem with the examples you cited, but resigning for a month and then returning to the same job strikes me as abusing the system.

Is it possible to get a second pension?

I believe that with the hazardous pension changes that were made several years ago that they did away with double dipping. You can not get a second pension. But what you can do is retire and start to receive your pension and then after a period of time get another job doing the same thing. I do remember something about not being able to have the "New" job lined up before you retire and start receiving your pension.

He can not draw another retirement . If he did retire and comes back it saves the tax payers thousands if dollars

For those of us who have no clue how the Kentucky retirement plan works please explain the above. Thanks.

For those of us who have no clue how the Kentucky retirement plan works please explain the above. Thanks.

If nothing else, when the person returns they are no longer eligible for all the benefits that would be spent on a regular employee, so that has to be a big chunk of savings.