Sheriff Helmig resigns but only until Jan 4???

Plato

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was just re-elected. That term begins January 4, 2015.

He "resigned" for the remainder of his current term.

Boone County Sheriff's office has been in the media A LOT lately, for the wrong reasons. I was surprised to learn that he was coming back in January. Strange, indeed.

He was just re-elected. That term begins January 4, 2015.

He "resigned" for the remainder of his current term.

Boone County Sheriff's office has been in the media A LOT lately, for the wrong reasons. I was surprised to learn that he was coming back in January. Strange, indeed.

Boone County residents deserve an explanation.

After a sheriff is out of office for 30 days, he can start drawing his retirement income. Helmig declined comment for the Channel 5 story.
Right, but generally there are age restrictions involved in most retirement plans. The double dipping was my first thought, and why I asked his age. We are on the same page.

Does anyone know his approximate age, and also how many years has he served as sheriff?

Right, but generally there are age restrictions involved in most retirement plans. The double dipping was my first thought, and why I asked his age. We are on the same page.

Does anyone know his approximate age, and also how many years has he served as sheriff?

I doubt there is any age requirement. Off the top of my head close to 60 but the Sheriff looks good for whatever age he is.

I will also say I personally have complete confidence in Les Hill being sworn in as Sheriff.

I never get the whole run for sherriff, judge, etc. It's got a Boss Hogg/Roscoe P Coltrane feel to it.

And I'm not so sure on the duplicate County Sherriff vs County Police vs local police.

They are highly professional, nothing could be further from the truth with your Dukes of Hazard suggestion.