Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheriff Helmig resigns but only until Jan 4???

Featured Replies

  • Replies 65
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was just re-elected. That term begins January 4, 2015.

 

He "resigned" for the remainder of his current term.

 

Boone County Sheriff's office has been in the media A LOT lately, for the wrong reasons. I was surprised to learn that he was coming back in January. Strange, indeed.

He was just re-elected. That term begins January 4, 2015.

 

He "resigned" for the remainder of his current term.

 

Boone County Sheriff's office has been in the media A LOT lately, for the wrong reasons. I was surprised to learn that he was coming back in January. Strange, indeed.

Boone County residents deserve an explanation.

Boone County residents deserve an explanation.

 

A nice vacation.

How old is he?

This sounds bizarre. Am I missing something?

Channel 5 just suggested this is a double-dipping ploy on the part of the sheriff.

Channel 5 just suggested this is a double-dipping ploy on the part of the sheriff.
That is why I asked his age.

After a sheriff is out of office for 30 days, he can start drawing his retirement income. Helmig declined comment for the Channel 5 story.

After a sheriff is out of office for 30 days, he can start drawing his retirement income. Helmig declined comment for the Channel 5 story.
Right, but generally there are age restrictions involved in most retirement plans. The double dipping was my first thought, and why I asked his age. We are on the same page.

 

Does anyone know his approximate age, and also how many years has he served as sheriff?

The article in the Cincinnati Enquirer does not state his age or years of service. The picture though tells me he's seen some years.

I didn't see a picture. You think it is safe to say he is probably 55+ then lawildcat?

I never get the whole run for sherriff, judge, etc. It's got a Boss Hogg/Roscoe P Coltrane feel to it.

And I'm not so sure on the duplicate County Sherriff vs County Police vs local police.

Right, but generally there are age restrictions involved in most retirement plans. The double dipping was my first thought, and why I asked his age. We are on the same page.

 

Does anyone know his approximate age, and also how many years has he served as sheriff?

 

I doubt there is any age requirement. Off the top of my head close to 60 but the Sheriff looks good for whatever age he is.

 

I will also say I personally have complete confidence in Les Hill being sworn in as Sheriff.

I never get the whole run for sherriff, judge, etc. It's got a Boss Hogg/Roscoe P Coltrane feel to it.

And I'm not so sure on the duplicate County Sherriff vs County Police vs local police.

 

They are highly professional, nothing could be further from the truth with your Dukes of Hazard suggestion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.