Star Wars" Black Stormtrooper Responds to Criticism

lawildcat

Is there something obvious that I'm missing? What's the big deal if a stormtrooper is played by a black actor?!

John Boyega responds to 'black stormtrooper' rants - NY Daily News

Is he on the dark side...or the light?

A black actor who created a disturbance in the Force after he donned the uniform of an Imperial stormtrooper in a much-anticipated “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” trailer has told curious fans to “get used to it.”

Many fans took to the internet after the trailer was posted online on Friday — with some criticizing director J.J. Abrams for casting a black actor to portray a stormtrooper.

But actor John Boyega responded cheekily on Instagram, saying a bit sarcastically, “Thank you for all the love and support! The fan mail...has added to my joy!”

He then added, “To whom it may concern...Get used to it. :)

It is, of course, unclear if Boyega’s character is one of the Empire’s soldiers or merely wearing the stormtrooper uniform — as heroes Luke Skywalker and Han Solo did in the original “Star Wars” film when they infiltrated the Death Star to free Princess Leia.

The “Episode VII” trailer, which also features a new villain with a menacing three-bladed lightsaber, has been viewed more than 40 million times since Friday.

The stormtroopers are actually supposed to be the clone soldiers from the clone wars. So they are all supposed to be geneticly identical. This isn't a race thing, its a deviation from the star wars mantra and the lunatic, fanatic sw people are insulted!

They are clones and they are white. That is why Star Wars fans are up in arms.

So these clones had some genetic mutations, can't the Star Wars fanatics loosen up a bit?

Waiting for my PM box to fill up from the Star Wars fanatics on this board.

So these clones had some genetic mutations, can't the Star Wars fanatics loosen up a bit?

Waiting for my PM box to fill up from the Star Wars fanatics on this board.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Personally, I'm not upset about it but I understand he argument. If they are clones, they should all be identical. I'm not mad enough to complain though.