Louisville 31 Miami 13

Pura Vida

Two more things:

The punt returners put UofL in really bad field position in the first half. That part wasn't the offense's fault.

I'm watching the game again right now, but it sure seemed like we got robbed of a touchdown on that backwards pass that was over turned...

Yeah, they should let the play just play out instead of rushing to blow the whistle.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That. Was. Awesome.

I live in a world where Louisville is 1-0 in league play... in the ACC. How amazing is that?

Ultimately not surprised by the score line but didn't have that particular recipe. Impressed by how well the defense managed to contain Duke Johnson (Kaaya being essentially a zero threat downfield helped that). Horrified by Gardner's inability to take care of the ball.

Lots to build on. Lots of concerns (the offensive line was a real weakness).

It's going to be a fun season.

They need to fire Miami HC for this loss. With all the recruits he has at his fingertips and he can't beat an old man who wrecks a motorcycle. This has to be a bad day for Miami.

Three straight losses to those fellas in red and black.

Miami hasn't been Miami since Larry Coker. All their recruits end up at Louisville.

I only could watch the first half, but I really loved what I saw! Yes, Will G can improve. I think that he will though. None of his mistakes are "unfixable" and I think there's the potential he could be really dangerous based on his willingness to run. He got us a crucial first down in the first half. Big QB with good speed and strength. He'll be fine. Defense was a very, very nice element. Strong left us in great shape and there is a ton there to build upon. I think the Offense will be fine, and this was a good start. As the season progresses, and more Petrino complexity is layered in, they'll have some great games.

While Miami isn't world-beater right now, as a season opener, this was the best we've played in a season opener in years and I think UL showed a ton of positive aspects, and the negatives are exposed early. I like this. In the past, we had some great wins looking at the score, but couldn't get a good read on the worst aspects until later in the season.

Officiating was shaky, but overall I don't feel favored one team over another, at least in the first half. There were missed calls both ways.

Love what I was able to see and SO excited about the potential!

It was difficult to judge whether Louisville was that good or Miami simply that bad. What was once a powerful program is only a shadow of its old self.

To me both struggled. Eventually field position and a lack of Miami offense broke the game open. Louisville was much better on the O and D lines and that was the difference.

Awful offensive play calling for Miami. If a freshman wins the starting job he should be trusted to run the offense. If he can't run the offense I'm sure someone else can.

Also some of the fronts Miami showed had to be a mistake. Their fronts vs short yardage formations were awful.