Purge in Louisville Friday night?

Jumper_Dad

[/b]

Louisville is good enough for the PGA, The Kentucky Derby, one of, if not the biggest firework shows in the world, a state of the art brand new arena, top notch college(not just for sports), what is there not to like for anyone from any part of the state?

Excellent question...

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stayed in the Galt House once, it was awesome. Been to a wedding Reception in the Convention Center, thoroughly enjoyed it. Stayed at The Brown Hotel (thanks rockmom) also very nice.

Thoroughly enjoyed 4th Street a few times, especially a bachelor party or two but if ya ask me, plenty of much better spots to go out around the city (e.g. Bardstown Road).

Looks like I'll be down on Preston Street tonight. I'll let you guys know if I hop in on any of this and rob a liquor store just for the rush...

*Note to LMPD monitors* That was a joke. I would never. I'll be watching a couple bands play at a bar.

In case we were wondering if LMPD is taking this seriously... it looks like all hands are on deck tonight. A couple downtown bars I follow on Facebook have taken the time to assure customers that there will be regular LMPD presence along the Main Street commercial corridor all night.

Here's the thing. Louisville is for the most part a pretty good city.

Relatively safe in most areas. Pockets of bad that you have to watch out for.

I enjoy going there from time to time.

Like the area around the Yum center.

4th street live is fun.

Like the Come Back Inn.

The area around Bellarmine College was fun.

Was at Molly Malone's on Shelyville Rd on Wednesday and really like that area.

But plain and simple. Many people don't like, or are uncomfortable in cities, and Louisville is a city. Lexington is a town.

U of L is a very good school, but the one thing you here from people outside of Louisville over and over is: the campus is dirty. By city standards...no it's not. By town standards...yes it is. I'm not saying UK is a better educational facility or not, but the campuses don't compare. The UK campus is beautiful. The U of L campus is a city campus, constricted by buildings and roads. It is what it is, nothing more nothing less. It's not an indictment of the quality of education, and some of you just need to get over it.

Relatively safe in most areas. Pockets of bad that you have to watch out for.

I enjoy going there from time to time.

Like the area around the Yum center.

4th street live is fun.

Like the Come Back Inn.

The area around Bellarmine College was fun.

Was at Molly Malone's on Shelyville Rd on Wednesday and really like that area.

But plain and simple. Many people don't like, or are uncomfortable in cities, and Louisville is a city. Lexington is a town.

U of L is a very good school, but the one thing you here from people outside of Louisville over and over is: the campus is dirty. By city standards...no it's not. By town standards...yes it is. I'm not saying UK is a better educational facility or not, but the campuses don't compare. The UK campus is beautiful. The U of L campus is a city campus, constricted by buildings and roads. It is what it is, nothing more nothing less. It's not an indictment of the quality of education, and some of you just need to get over it.

I've eaten at the one in Jeffersonville. Fantastic food.

The LMPD is taking the threat seriously... it doesn't mean that the threat is actually serious.

Scaring the devil out of white suburbanites with how bad things are in the West End and city center is just about the favorite pastime of Louisville's local media.

I don't believe anything will happen. I'm going to hang out at a bar on Preston Street and feel completely safe.