2014 NKY East/West Allstar Game

uk#1fan

Why play in this game? There is nothing to gain and if you already have a scholarship why risk an injury after not doing anything football wise for six months. Seems it would be better to have this game in November. Just my opinion.

You have some valid points and some colleges do not want their signed players to play in it while others do not mind. Can't really do it in November because State playoffs last until December. Can't do it in December because of the weather and overlap to Basketball season. June sort of works because of minimal interference with other sports and fans kind of miss football. It is kind of hard on the players though as most have not done any football work in 6 months and they have limited practices.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brenan Kuntz is playing! East cough cough Highlands better bring their A game.

Not sure who, if anyone, from HHS is playing but we're flattered that HHS is on your mind so much. We, on the other hand, never think about SK, just not important enough.

Not sure who, if anyone, from HHS is playing but we're flattered that HHS is on your mind so much. We, on the other hand, never think about SK, just not important enough.

I just think it is funny when Dale coached the game their was 6 Highland kids. Last year there was only 2 and I don't even think they started for Highlands. :D

Yea Collins is still on your minds. :D

I just think it is funny when Dale coached the game their was 6 Highland kids. Last year there was only 2 and I don't even think they started for Highlands. :D

I think you are ignorant about how this all star game is selected. Each N Ky school has the opportunity to send a certain number of kids - Five from each I believe. If some don't elect to go because of conflicts etc., it's up to the coach to send someone in their place.

If you don't think that Highlands could send more than two kids then you are lost.

Don't know the history. I do know that when HHS players are done with their careers they're ready for some R & R as that is one taxing program. I could see where many would pass on the honor but my guess is they may regret it later.