2014 NKY East/West Allstar Game

uk#1fan

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved watching Hansel(SK) battle against Turner(Highlands) in the trenches. That was the first game Hansel played Defense the entire game. He would get 4 or 5 snaps a game for SK he mainly played guard. He finished with at least 10 tackles and a couple forced fumbles.

I think it was a good game and nearly perfect weather for the game. I think the game is a really good event and gives everyone a chance to see the players one last time before they move on in life.

If there is one thing that I would like to see improved on is the number of participants in the game. Limiting each school to five participants should be changed. I think some of the bigger schools could have a few more, while some of the smaller schools might have less. Some schools on some years have large talented senior classes, while some schools might have a smaller class that year.

One thing I did notice is the East was coached by Bellevue but not one Bellevue player. I thought that was strange.

The game has been traditionally the first Thursday in June. It was pushed back a week due to the county schools making up snow days. This hurt the small independent schools who still got out of school early. Many of those kids had already planned senior trips. One of my coworkers said the Bellevue kids all went to Myrtle Beach.

I think it was a good game and nearly perfect weather for the game. I think the game is a really good event and gives everyone a chance to see the players one last time before they move on in life.

If there is one thing that I would like to see improved on is the number of participants in the game. Limiting each school to five participants should be changed. I think some of the bigger schools could have a few more, while some of the smaller schools might have less. Some schools on some years have large talented senior classes, while some schools might have a smaller class that year.

I actually like how they do it. The number of players is perfect and allows all of them to get a lot of playing time in the game.

I can't speak for the East, but the west coach ran it perfectly. He rotated a different group in every possesion on offense and defense and everyone played a lot. If you add more kids then it gets tough to give equal playing time etc. I think it's perfect the way it is.

One thing I did notice is the East was coached by Bellevue but not one Bellevue player. I thought that was strange.

The game was scheduled to be played Thursday June 5th, then when the snow came the NKFCA changed the date in April and players from Bellevue, and Brossart had already made plans and send in deposits to go on trips together. The Bellevue kids left on Friday June 6th. Bellevue kids were looking forward to play in the game.