2014 NKY East/West Allstar Game

uk#1fan

If he is grey shirting he cannot participate yet because he will not be a full time student until the spring.

My understanding is that Kuntz is footing the bill for the summer and fall sessions. Scholarship kicks in the winter 2016 session. I know they want you on campus and in the conditioning program immediately after graduation. They made that a point of emphasis at their junior day presentation.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he is a preferred walk on then, and his eligibility clock starts this year. Wonder if he should have taken the free rides instead of hoping for as scholly?

BK will be on scholarship starting Jan 2016. They do this (greyshirting) so that the scholarship is accounted for in the 2016 class year. They likely ran out of 2015 scholarships.

BK will be on scholarship starting Jan 2016. They do this (greyshirting) so that the scholarship is accounted for in the 2016 class year. They likely ran out of 2015 scholarships.

It is not a grey shirt, grey shirt means you enroll in the spring and that is when the scholarship starts. Grey shirts eligibility clock starts in the spring when they enroll. What this does is give them an extra spring practice to during their eligibility time frame. Since he is enrolling full time his clock starts this year and is costing him a year.

It is not a grey shirt, grey shirt means you enroll in the spring and that is when the scholarship starts. Grey shirts eligibility clock starts in the spring when they enroll. What this does is give them an extra spring practice to during their eligibility time frame. Since he is enrolling full time his clock starts this year and is costing him a season.

Correct. However, he will not lose a season. He will still have 5 years to play 4 seasons, correct?

Correct. However, he will not lose a season. He will still have 5 years to play 4 seasons, correct?

You are correct, I explained that part poorly. What I mean is that he has zero chance of playing time this year, so it would be better to wait till the spring to enroll because it would be like a redshirt year without it actually being a red shirt year. Then he could enroll in the spring and have the 5 years to play 4, this where it is costing him a year.

Enrolling now now means that his senior year season with a redshirt will be 2018. If he did a grey shirt and enrolled in the spring of 2015, with a red shirt his senior year season would be 2019.

Ok. Now that we've solved the BK saga. Does anyone have any information on the actual game info which is what the thread was originially started for? Who are the other QB's that WILL be in attendance? I know of a couple of players that were invited to play but was unclear who else would be playing or the division of the NKY teams, etc.....

This is the only information that has actually been released so far.

NKY EAST-WEST FOOTBALL GAME: The Snappy Tomato Pizza East-West All-Star Game presented by UC Health / NovaCare has been scheduled for June 12 at 7:30 p.m. at Dixie Heights.

The game features seniors from this past high school football season.

Bellevue's Johnny Poynter and Newport Central Catholic's Dan Wagner are the head coaches for the East, while Beechwood's Noel Rash and Simon Kenton's Jeff Marksberry are head coaches for the West.

Latest I heard is that Kuntz is now headed to Thomas More.

Either Thomas Moore is able to fork out some serious aid for their athletes, or this is absolutely insane. A lot of people worked very hard to help him get those offers.