Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

National Championship: Kentucky vs. Connecticut

National Championship Kentucky vs. Connecticut 52 members have voted

  1. 1. National Championship Kentucky vs. Connecticut

    • Kentucky
      86%
      45
    • Connecticut
      13%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

After breaking it down more, I'm switching my pick to UConn. Just not confident the twins will be able to produce through the constant ball pressure and if they can't penetrate and get the ball on the rim for scores and offensive rebounding opportunities the UK offense will bog down. If UK can keep the turnover total under 12 it will be another thrilling finish, but either way the Huskies cut down the nets...

  • Replies 186
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My greatest fear about the game.

 

Arizona 1997 all over again.

 

Super fast guards that can dominate a game. Great eraser or two on the back line to harass UK front court and guard drives. (Like our chances if WCS were healthy but he's not)

 

Just had to share my pessimism. Hope I'm wrong. Xanex awaits if I am right. :thumb:

After breaking it down more, I'm switching my pick to UConn. Just not confident the twins will be able to produce through the constant ball pressure and if they can't penetrate and get the ball on the rim for scores and offensive rebounding opportunities the UK offense will bog down. If UK can keep the turnover total under 12 it will be another thrilling finish, but either way the Huskies cut down the nets...

 

Do you think their pressure is better than Louisville's?

As long as Young doesn't turn it over on his southpaw drive as the UConn guards jump to his left hand, I think CATS win. I think Dakari will be the deciding factor. And I suppose tonight will determine if UConn has an elite defense or not. While I like the guards at UConn, neither are Kemba.

Do you think their pressure is better than Louisville's?

 

It is just different than UL. The UL pressure is more about getting deflections and jumping passing lanes. Napier and Boatright play under the ball handler and make playing downhill pretty much impossible. What they did to Michigan St and Florida was remarkable as neither team ever found any spot to initiate their offense. If veterans like Apling and Wilbekin couldn't figure t out, I'm just not confident Andrew will crack the code...

It is just different than UL. The UL pressure is more about getting deflections and jumping passing lanes. Napier and Boatright play under the ball handler and make playing downhill pretty much impossible. What they did to Michigan St and Florida was remarkable as neither team ever found any spot to initiate their offense. If veterans like Apling and Wilbekin couldn't figure t out, I'm just not confident Andrew will crack the code...

 

You very well could be right. I just think Andrew is a completely different and more confident player now. He has lived in the lane all tournament long and his size will be tough for them to handle. With that said, I think Young has the potential to have a huge game. I really like the matchups he is going to have.

As long as Young doesn't turn it over on his southpaw drive as the UConn guards jump to his left hand, I think CATS win. I think Dakari will be the deciding factor. And I suppose tonight will determine if UConn has an elite defense or not. While I like the guards at UConn, neither are Kemba.

 

Will be interesting to see how Ollie handles the rotation at the three to deal with Young. Kromah is an excellent on ball defender but doesn't provide much of an offensive threat and Giffey is pretty much the exact opposite. My guess is you see a lot of Kromah early to get Young off rhythm...

Will be interesting to see how Ollie handles the rotation at the three to deal with Young. Kromah is an excellent on ball defender but doesn't provide much of an offensive threat and Giffey is pretty much the exact opposite. My guess is you see a lot of Kromah early to get Young off rhythm...
Agreed. And I think that UK is different in some respects to MSU and UF in the fact that they simply try to get shots up on the glass and then go get them. I don't think UConn can compete in the lane if that happens efficiently enough. If UK loses, I don't think it will be ball pressure, IMO, I think it will be at the FT line.
You very well could be right. I just think Andrew is a completely different and more confident player now. He has lived in the lane all tournament long and his size will be tough for them to handle. With that said, I think Young has the potential to have a huge game. I really like the matchups he is going to have.

 

Andrew has 20 turnovers in 5 tournament games. He gives it up 5 times tonight and UK is in trouble. Young can exploit Giffey, but he isn't going to put up big numbers on Kromah...

Will be interesting to see how Ollie handles the rotation at the three to deal with Young. Kromah is an excellent on ball defender but doesn't provide much of an offensive threat and Giffey is pretty much the exact opposite. My guess is you see a lot of Kromah early to get Young off rhythm...

 

That'd be my guess too. Cal mentioned in the press conference after the game he thought Young might have one of his games of 25 plus scoring...

Agreed. And I think that UK is different in some respects to MSU and UF in the fact that they simply try to get shots up on the glass and then go get them. I don't think UConn can compete in the lane if that happens efficiently enough. If UK loses, I don't think it will be ball pressure, IMO, I think it will be at the FT line.

 

If UK can't get in the lane to get shots up, then the rebounding edge is negated. That's where the ball pressure comes in to play against UK and why I mentioned it being so tough to get going downhill against UConn. Andrew is excellent at playing that way, but if he can't get his shoulders past the defender it is taken away. Would almost like to see Cal invert the offense some and try to get the twins posting up Napier and Boatright...

Would almost like to see Cal invert the offense some and try to get the twins posting up Napier and Boatright...

 

Do you do that by giving Randle some ball handling responsibilities. He did that some against UL if memory serves me right.

If UK can't get in the lane to get shots up, then the rebounding edge is negated. That's where the ball pressure comes in to play against UK and why I mentioned it being so tough to get going downhill against UConn. Andrew is excellent at playing that way, but if he can't get his shoulders past the defender it is taken away. Would almost like to see Cal invert the offense some and try to get the twins posting up Napier and Boatright...

 

I think we are going to see Randle initiating the offense and driving from the perimeter a lot tonight. Maybe it's the fan in me, but I think Andrew is going to handle the pressure well tonight as well. Either way, you're making me nervous :scared:

If UK can't get in the lane to get shots up, then the rebounding edge is negated. That's where the ball pressure comes in to play against UK and why I mentioned it being so tough to get going downhill against UConn. Andrew is excellent at playing that way, but if he can't get his shoulders past the defender it is taken away. Would almost like to see Cal invert the offense some and try to get the twins posting up Napier and Boatright...
I think Andrew will be able to use his size, which the previous 2 opponents didn't have that advantage. I think he can simply back the defender down. High ball screens would be my guess to rub the defender off, and Andrew has the size to dump it. I have to wonder if either Boatright or Napier can stay over top of those screens because if they don't, and he gets his hips past, as the saying goes, "if he's even, he's leavin'"
I think Andrew will be able to use his size, which the previous 2 opponents didn't have that advantage. I think he can simply back the defender down. High ball screens would be my guess to rub the defender off, and Andrew has the size to dump it. I have to wonder if either Boatright or Napier can stay over top of those screens because if they don't, and he gets his hips past, as the saying goes, "if he's even, he's leavin'"

 

:lol2: that's a funny saying that i've never heard before

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.