Vehicles and gas mileage

BigVMan23

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a VW Passat which I really liked, but I am lucky enough to get a vehicle allowance, and the Passat was too old to qualify. As I moved onto a farm last year, I bought a pickup. I am not really a big fan of pickups, but I bought a Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star edition quad cab. It has the 5.7 hemi with an 8-speed transmission and 4X4. That is why I chose this model. Last week, I put between 1,500 and 2,000 mile on it on a swing to visit all family members. For the week, I average 22.0 MPG. I traveled about 74-75 on the expressways as well, but some of the highways only had a 65 mph speed limit. Not nearly as good as the Passat, but we had plenty of room with two dogs in the back seat, and we were able to bring back some furniture items there would have been no way to fit in a car.

Ford 150 gets around 14 unless I'm towing the boat then it drops to 10.

95 grand Cherokee 15.5. Sports fan i was Getting less mpg than my son is Getting.

Sebring, gets a little over 20. Got 30 on a road trip to Chicago.

Equinox I only get about 18. Very disappointed with this. It is the 6 cyl.

Fortunately all of my gas bills are paid by the company.

My daughter got her first post-college job and has to drive a bit. She is feeling the gas bill. She has a nice Ford Escape so she will not be getting into any car payments anytime soon. Car payments AND a big gas bill are killer.

My son just moved back to Cincinnati. His office is downtown . He decided to live downtown. No gas bill for him.

Fortunately all of my gas bills are paid by the company.

My daughter got her first post-college job and has to drive a bit. She is feeling the gas bill. She has a nice Ford Escape so she will not be getting into any car payments anytime soon. Car payments AND a big gas bill are killer.

My son just moved back to Cincinnati. His office is downtown . He decided to live downtown. No gas bill for him.

If I were single, had no kids and worked downtown, I would definitely live there as well.

2011 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab. 6.7L Diesel....After an aftermarket Edge Tuner that I installed, I get roughly 17.5-18 mpg. Not bad for a truck that can tow up to 20k. Like a few others have said, I haven't paid a Gas ticket in 21 years. So that's a pro.....