SEC

30dad

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the SEC has done well, it just shows to me that they are more top heavy than the rest of the leagues. I don't think there is too much of a question of how good the tops generally are. Its a question of the quality of the middle and bottom tier teams that has earned the SEC its rather lackluster reputation in basketball over the years recently.

While the SEC has done well, it just shows to me that they are more top heavy than the rest of the leagues. I don't think there is too much of a question of how good the tops generally are. Its a question of the quality of the middle and bottom tier teams that has earned the SEC its rather lackluster reputation in basketball over the years recently.

I don't get it. The ACC is garbage outside of their top programs, but they still have this perception as being some all powerful basketball conference. Virginia won the conference, and they may be for real. We'll see today. Duke was down, NC was about where they've been. NC State was ok.... and then? Wake? No. Miami? No. Florida State, meh...

SEC is looked down upon b/c it is a football first conference and the fans are lackluster when it comes to BBAll.

I don't get it. The ACC is garbage outside of their top programs, but they still have this perception as being some all powerful basketball conference. Virginia won the conference, and they may be for real. We'll see today. Duke was down, NC was about where they've been. NC State was ok.... and then? Wake? No. Miami? No. Florida State, meh...

SEC is looked down upon b/c it is a football first conference and the fans are lackluster when it comes to BBAll.

This

Syracuse. Pitt. Add UL next year. Have to think ND will get it going again. Comparing the ACC now and going forward is not an exercise S! E! C! Fan wants to dive in to...

Syracuse. Pitt. Add UL next year. Have to think ND will get it going again. Comparing the ACC now and going forward is not an exercise S! E! C! Fan wants to dive in to...

Cuse and Pitt were ok. The SEC was down in depth this season, but the ACC wasn't exactly a powerhouse. The Cuse beat up on a garbage schedule and then were exposed throughout February and into March. Pitt is tough, but really, that is the ACC's fourth best team.

You have 1. VA, 2. Duke, 3. North Carolina, 4. Syracuse, 5. Pitt.

1. Florida 2. KY 3. TN 4. Georgia 5. LSU/Mizzou/ARK

I am in no way saying that the SEC is the Big 10. I am, however, saying that it is closer to the ACC than people give it credit for. From the above, the SEC could, realistically, win 2 or 3 of the matchups. That is far closer than what people believe when they think of the two conferences.

Now add UofL...Then you have the best of the Big East and the ACC and that is crazy.