Who is new coach for Garrard now?

jericho

Most places take at least 30 days. How Boyle County got around it, I'm not really sure? Anybody else thought that? Not that it matters. Chuck was the guy for the job. That goes without saying

By law, the only time you don't have to post the job is if schools are giving the job to somebody on the current staff (I think), even then, the jobs are posted (maybe just to save face, maybe to do a legit search).

But, back to the point....most all places take at least 30 days. Sometimes more if schools have a hard time predicting what teaching positions are going to be over.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost positive there is no requirement for classified positions like coaches. Certain districts might have requirements, but I don't believe there is a state requirement. The teaching job requires a 30 day wait, but not a coaching job.

Edited by PurplePride92

I almost positive there is no requirement for classified positions like coaches. Certain districts might have requirements, but I don't believe there is a state requirement. The teaching job requires a 30 day wait, but not a coaching job.

Never thought about it from that angle, but that very well could be the case.

I'd love to know the exact, and you might have nailed it.

I almost positive there is no requirement for classified positions like coaches. Certain districts might have requirements, but I don't believe there is a state requirement. The teaching job requires a 30 day wait, but not a coaching job.

Can someone change the first word to "I'm". I don't want to sound to illiterate.

Ive been in this area long enough to know GC will use the entire 30 days from posting date.

The issue is they will spin their wheels on someone they cant get and then miss out on someone they could get, and end up with someone they... well you get the picture (FUZZY)

Ive been in this area long enough to know GC will use the entire 30 days from posting date.

I agree 100% but if they have any of the coach's mentioned above interested in taking the job they better hire them immediately and worry about teaching positions, etc.... at a later date.

I agree 100% but if they have any of the coach's mentioned above interested in taking the job they better hire them immediately and worry about teaching positions, etc.... at a later date.

Problem is, that's not how a lot of coaches work. I don't know of any, head coaches in particular, that take a head job without knowing (or at least having a pretty accurate idea) what their teaching job(s) will be.

Problem is, that's not how a lot of coaches work. I don't know of any, head coaches in particular, that take a head job without knowing (or at least having a pretty accurate idea) what their teaching job(s) will be.

I think it is more about the district. Funny how some districts will hire a coach and then find him something (create a job), where as others fall back on the lack of resources argument. It all comes down to: What are you willing to do to improve your programs? Each community is different and that is that. As far as coaches go, they cannot do anything without a contract. Sometimes the contract may not be explicit to what they are actually doing so to speak.

I think it is more about the district. Funny how some districts will hire a coach and then find him something (create a job), where as others fall back on the lack of resources argument. It all comes down to: What are you willing to do to improve your programs? Each community is different and that is that. As far as coaches go, they cannot do anything without a contract. Sometimes the contract may not be explicit to what they are actually doing so to speak.

You said it.

What's also funny is how those districts who create a job, are usually the ones with perinnial good football programs and even better academically.

They have figured out how to do both, and if people don't like it.....don't let the door hit you on your way out.

You said it.

What's also funny is how those districts who create a job, are usually the ones with perinnial good football programs and even better academically.

They have figured out how to do both, and if people don't like it.....don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's exactly what needs to start happening at Garrard County but they can't seem to think outside the box.

The reason perinnial good athletic schools have good academics is winning in athletics will make the kids win in the classroom. They will be proud of their school!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's exactly what needs to start happening at Garrard County but they can't seem to think outside the box.

The reason perinnial good athletic schools have good academics is winning in athletics will make the kids win in the classroom. They will be proud of their school!!!!!!!

I think alot of those schools probably think outside the norm when it comes to academics as well

I really hope they take their time and find the right guy for this job. I honestly believe they need to hire someone that plans to stick around and not just jump ship when another job comes available. The kids that will be coming threw the program the next few years are a really talented group and deserve a great coach. With that being said I know it's hard to find someone who will stick around for a long time unless it's a hometown guy that wants to be here and no just trying to build his resume for another job. I've heard some names around town like Hodge , Hester and Perry who all have ties to the community and might want to come back home.

I really hope they take their time and find the right guy for this job. I honestly believe they need to hire someone that plans to stick around and not just jump ship when another job comes available. The kids that will be coming threw the program the next few years are a really talented group and deserve a great coach. With that being said I know it's hard to find someone who will stick around for a long time unless it's a hometown guy that wants to be here and no just trying to build his resume for another job. I've heard some names around town like Hodge , Hester and Perry who all have ties to the community and might want to come back home.

I can almost guarantee that Hodge nor Hester will be interested in this job but stranger things have happened. Just from what I'm hearing Perry may have some interest in coming back as coach.....time will tell on that.

As far as talent coming through, I know their sophomores who will be juniors next year had good success in middle school so they should be better the next two years. The only thing is their district may get a lot harder in 2015. I saw some of the middle school games this year and they kind of struggled this year and did have a few nice looking kids but overall looked a little down. Not sure but I think the little league program formed a league with Boyle, Lincoln, Danville and Mercer so that help the kids.