Who is new coach for Garrard now?

jericho

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can forget Hester and Hodge. That will never happen... At least not the way things are, right now. Both would be great, but I just don't see it happening under the current circumstances.

Don't know why Letton would take it, and I am pretty sure that it would only be short-term, if he did.

Doug Preston is a possibility, but he has burned a lot of bridges, over the years.

Perry seems like the most likely on the list - and he would be outstanding!

I know a lot of alumni that want a huge hire, or their done. I've heard it from far too many of them. We will see if the administration takes notice from those who put lots of money into that program for the kids or not. Hopefully the administration will listen to at least what they have to say.

I don't know who these people are that you are talking about putting "lots of money" into the program. From my understanding, there aren't a lot of big donors to the program. The community has always done a good job of supporting schools/athletics, but there aren't any deep-pocketed benefactors supporting GC Football, as far as I know.

In the history of the school, I dont think any coach has stayed more than 7 or 8 years. (I could be wrong)

I think that is true of most schools, now... I am not sure it is really possible, or even very good, for a coach to stick around over a decade now. There will always be exceptions, but it just isn't done much anymore.

I don't know who these people are that you are talking about putting "lots of money" into the program. From my understanding, there aren't a lot of big donors to the program. The community has always done a good job of supporting schools/athletics, but there aren't any deep-pocketed benefactors supporting GC Football, as far as I know.

Well I know who I've talked to, and of course their aren't (deep pocketed) donors, but they invest a lot of money and time into the program. Even if they donate $1, that still helps. Doesn't have to be $1million.

Well I know who I've talked to, and of course their aren't (deep pocketed) donors, but they invest a lot of money and time into the program. Even if they donate $1, that still helps. Doesn't have to be $1million.

Of course, there are boosters and parents, but I don't know that there is anyone who gives enough time or money to the program to have any reasonable expectation to help choose the next coach.

I am sure that the Admin would listen to any suggestions, but at the end of the day, they are going to choose who THEY want, I would think.

Of course, there are boosters and parents, but I don't know that there is anyone who gives enough time or money to the program to have any reasonable expectation to help choose the next coach.

I am sure that the Admin would listen to any suggestions, but at the end of the day, they are going to choose who THEY want, I would think.

You're right, but the admin has tried doing it their way in the past, and have passed on some very good coaches. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expeting the same result.

Scenters was a good coach and a good choice last time. If they can do that well again then they are doing their job.

I agree. Scenters is definitely leaving that program better than when he got there. Think maybe they missed on a potentially great coach in John Hodge, though.

That said, I certainly wouldn't call the Scenters hire a "miss," and I think the admin would be justified in making a similar hire.

Are you saying they missed on Hodge several years ago when Scenters first took the job?

Sort of. I say sort of because I don't want this post to sound like a knock on Scenters, who I think was a really good hire. I think Hodge is from GC, so maybe he might have stuck around and continued to build and been one of those long-time, one-program coaches you don't see much of anymore.

That said, Coach Scenters, from what I can tell, and what people around the program have told me, has done a great job - especially off the field, building character.