Who is new coach for Garrard now?

jericho

Paul Mullins will be involved. There isn't a more sports minded Super in the state, I can promise you that.

As CKY Kid also pointed out, he knows how to get things done on the academic end, too.

I think those close to the athletic programs, in particular football, will also tell you that there has been a very welcomed & 180 degree change in athletic and just overall support since Mullins was hired in July, too.

Kalem Grasham, which I'm sure you know, is also a very sports/football minded principal. Having played at Lincoln County under Larry Phillps and Marty Jaggers, being part of state finalist teams and playing some at Campbellsville University....he knows what's up and what to look for

I'm not doubting one bit of what you are saying about the past. Sounds like a lot of issues across the state to be honest...very similar to more places than any of us care to want to know; but, there is a new sheriff in town and we all know what that can do. Even with this change, it takes time....but, I hear things are off to a good start.

I have heard great things about Mr. Mullins and what he has done since he was hired in July. All I can say is he better get involved with the hiring of this football coach.

But my next question is........if he is so sports minded along with Kalem Grasham why did they hire the coach for the girls basketball team? I will tell you why.......because the super didn't get involved and they settled for a coach like they have in the past. That was the new principles first hire and it showed nothing has changed so I have a hard time believing this will be any different. They will tell you that's all that applied and didn't know what to do....blah, blah, blah. I could go on and on about most of the athletic programs up there by it would do no good.

All I can say if Coach Perry wants the job give it to him and the administration needs to back him 100%.

By the way, I was in no way talking about the girls coach personally.....only the hiring process!!!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the girls basketball coach? Why was it a bad hire?

Don Irvine, from Burgin. He retired from there few years back before returning to basketball at Western Hills last year, and then got the job at GC. I don't know if it was a good hire or a bad hire either, I just don't see why you hire somebody that has retired? Irvine is a great guy from what I have seen (never talked to him). GC just needs coaching consistency in all of it's positions. A coach that will be there for 8+ years.

Who is the girls basketball coach? Why was it a bad hire?

Don Irvin....use to be the Burgin boys coach. Again this has nothing to do with him personally. Just using this as another example of the goings on at the school.

Why was it not a good hire......because they settled again just to get someone hired, and you can't tell me they couldn't get a good young coach.

Don Irvine, from Burgin. He retired from there few years back before returning to basketball at Western Hills last year, and then got the job at GC. I don't know if it was a good hire or a bad hire either, I just don't see why you hire somebody that has retired? Irvine is a great guy from what I have seen (never talked to him). GC just needs coaching consistency in all of it's positions. A coach that will be there for 8+ years.

They had a boys coach that would have been there as long as they would have had him. He was from Garrard County and name was Brandon Cooper. His wife worked at the middle school and from what I understand the principle at the school didn't like her so she fired her. It amazing though that everyone else liked her. I think the coach's wife work from grant money. So instead of the school, school board and super stepping up and finding his wife a job so they could stay in garrard......they just sat on their butt and did nothing so they had to go back to Pulaski County. That made the 3rd coach in 3 years for the boys team.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 8

Doug Preston???? Why would he leave FS?

From what I hear Doug is pretty happy at FS and would not be interested. But I know he and the principal are friends and former assistants together at GCHS. I think Perry would be a grand slam. I also would think John Hodge would have been the first phone call made. Why is Hodge not wanted (if that is the case)? Hometown guy and one of the best young coaches out there!

I just don't see why it would take that long. I think there are a couple names out there that I would hire on the spot. No interview, no nothing. BUT, I'm not the administration either. GC seems to like to drag out things. Either way, I hope they get the right guy even if it takes a month. That program has lots of talent in it now and for the next few years and those boys need discipline and a leader. I'm praying they get the right guy because that community loves its football.