Who is new coach for Garrard now?

jericho

They had a boys coach that would have been there as long as they would have had him. He was from Garrard County and name was Brandon Cooper. His wife worked at the middle school and from what I understand the principle at the school didn't like her so she fired her. It amazing though that everyone else liked her. I think the coach's wife work from grant money. So instead of the school, school board and super stepping up and finding his wife a job so they could stay in garrard......they just sat on their butt and did nothing so they had to go back to Pulaski County. That made the 3rd coach in 3 years for the boys team.

That made no sense. A GCHS boy and this is how he is treated?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Jeff Hester is tired of being second fiddle at Boyle county .. Who are you thinking will be coach Booby Miles? You seem to know an awful lot

I'll be shocked if Jeff Hester leaves Boyle County. I don't think he views himself as second fiddle and he shouldn't. Everyone affiliated at Boyle County knows his worth and he doesn't need the title of head coach to be treated with the respect and admiration of his players, peers and parents.

I'll be shocked if Jeff Hester leaves Boyle County. I don't think he views himself as second fiddle and he shouldn't. Everyone affiliated at Boyle County knows his worth and he doesn't need the title of head coach to be treated with the respect and admiration of his players, peers and parents.

Ide say you're right about that purple. Being an alumni we would love to see Jeff back in Lancaster .. What's everyone's thoughts on Steve Stonebraker leaving Woodford county? Or possibly John hodges younger brother Brian? He has a great football mind as well

Ide say you're right about that purple. Being an alumni we would love to see Jeff back in Lancaster .. What's everyone's thoughts on Steve Stonebraker leaving Woodford county? Or possibly John hodges younger brother Brian? He has a great football mind as well

Huge fan of Stoney!!!! I didn't know he left Woodford County. I'd pull for him at Garrard County. The last time I attended a game he coached he was the coach of Casey County and the game was at Garrard County.

That made no sense. A GCHS boy and this is how he is treated?

Yes!!!! The administration may tell you there was more to her being let go but I can tell you the middle school principle was the super's pick when she got hired to clean the middle school up so he was backing anything she did. So instead of doing the right thing and finding her a job like some schools would.....they did nothing!!! Except hire another basketball coach who had to resign after little over a year.

Huge fan of Stoney!!!! I didn't know he left Woodford County. I'd pull for him at Garrard County. The last time I attended a game he coached he was the coach of Casey County and the game was at Garrard County.

Yeah Stoney is a great coach! I wasn't saying he left WC .. I was asking would he? I thought he was a great fit for Garrard county

---

The Stonebraker era at GCHS was a near disaster, I'm pretty sure he won't be coming back.

Maybe Jeff Hester is tired of being second fiddle at Boyle county .. Who are you thinking will be coach Booby Miles? You seem to know an awful lot

Don't think Jeff feels like he is second fiddle to anyone but I believe he would rather be Chuck Smith's DC than be the head man at Garrard and im not slighting Garrard. I just think friendships will come into play on that one.

As far as who I think will be the head man at Garrard......see above on Hester, to much animosity against Hodge. Didn't think Coach Perry was an option but he may be now....my opinion the new super better get involved with Perry if they want him and that's all I will say about that. If not Perry it will be the obvious......an up and coming assistant from somewhere.

Please explain? He might have bumped heads with a few people

I thought Stoney was a good coach. His personality sometimes didn't jive with the people in Garrard County but his last couple of years he lost control of the program and discipline of some of the kids.