Who is new coach for Garrard now?

jericho

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---

I would agree with this, but I might not say "good" coach, probably "average", but that's nitpicking.

Well as a former player and not just someone in the stands I thought he was a "great" offensive mind coach. Wasn't always the best play caller but he knew what had to be done and how to light a fire under our butts and we respected him

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 8

Well as a former player and not just someone in the stands I thought he was a "great" offensive mind coach. Wasn't always the best play caller but he knew what had to be done and how to light a fire under our butts and we respected him

---

Also as a former Golden Lion, I will say he had a pretty good passing attack & did see him light a fire or two, one at E-Town that burned hot enough to get him ejected from the game!

Edited by PurplePride92
Rules 8 and 14

I know for a fact that two people have applied for the GCHS job. One, an assistant coach from due west of Garrard & another, a head coach, from a couple of counties farther west. And that's all I can say for now.

Assistant from due west = Perry!!!!!! I will say it!

His record was equal to the coach that just left and some people thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

---

I wasn't overly impressed with the last coach, primarily due to kicking game problems, extra points, field goals & kick offs, mostly. I also watched him lose or nearly lose several games due to field position errors & poor decision making on 3rd & 4th downs. I will say, the extra points & field goals finally improved in his last year.

---

Also as a former Golden Lion, I will say he had a pretty good passing attack & did see him light a fire or two, one at E-Town that burned hot enough to get him ejected from the game!

Stoney took up for his players! And I was on the field that night and know what happened and why he got ejected as you sat in the stands and judged him I'm sure. You give Stoney the players Mark Scenters had and the district they got put in he would have did just as good or better. Judge Stoney all you want he is a hell of a ball coach and ide let my kids play for him any day. With all that being said and getting off topic a little.. I just hope whoever they hire plans to stick around and continue to build this program

---

I wasn't overly impressed with the last coach, primarily due to kicking game problems, extra points, field goals & kick offs, mostly. I also watched him lose or nearly lose several games due to field position errors & poor decision making on 3rd & 4th downs. I will say, the extra points & field goals finally improved in his last year.

The reason for the bad special team problems is due to the fact every freshman or player that didn't get a lot of clock was on the special teams. Let's see....put all the players that aren't good enough to play or not ready to play varsity was on the special teams so the other team can run it back for a td or have great field position everytime they got the ball.....blah, blah, blah. It isn't gym class...it's varsity football. Ok I'm done rambling.....sorry!!!!

Stoney took up for his players! And I was on the field that night and know what happened and why he got ejected as you sat in the stands and judged him I'm sure. You give Stoney the players Mark Scenters had and the district they got put in he would have did just as good or better. Judge Stoney all you want he is a hell of a ball coach and ide let my kids play for him any day. With all that being said and getting off topic a little.. I just hope whoever they hire plans to stick around and continue to build this program

---

I actually didn't think the E-Town incident that lead to the ejection was a bad decision, so you've misjudged me again. I also hope they get a great coach who will stick around because they have got some pretty good talent for whoever comes in.

---

BM, don't guess any more.....you'll end up spoiling things!!! And now, for sure, that's all I can say.

Lol....I hope he takes it but I'm telling you the new super better be involved or it will turn out like last time. Trust me....I know what I'm talking about!!!

I was there and I was glad he did what he did. I wouldn't have left as easy as he did.