Who is new coach for Garrard now?

jericho

I have to agree with snowed in. These are just county schools except lex cath. A good run in the program is just a class away. I don't think those districts are brutal especially the 5A one mentioned.

South laurel used to be top dog there and now they are down. PC is on top but I remember when they ruled the cellar. It's all a cycle.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with snowed in. These are just county schools except lex cath. A good run in the program is just a class away. I don't think those districts are brutal especially the 5A one mentioned.

South laurel used to be top dog there and now they are down. PC is on top but I remember when they ruled the cellar. It's all a cycle.

This, This, This, This, This, This, This, This, This, This, This, This, This, This.....THIS.

Very rural at that. It all cycles. Bingo.

I agree with all your points and I'm sure they don't go into the hiring process saying we are just going to hire someone to get it over with but I and alot of others have been very supportive.....even though it doesn't sound like it with my posts......of the school but I am at the end of my rope with some of those people in the school system and the way they do things. I keep telling myself it will get better and then something else crazy happens so at some point they need to look in the mirror as see what they need to change. I don't have all the answers but they could at least try something different. Just afraid they are scared to get out of their comfort zone.

Get ready....there will be backlash from some if Coach Perry doesn't get the job!

I think the backlash depends on who gets the job. If Jaggers or Hodge gets the job I think any backlash would be misguided.

I think the backlash depends on who gets the job. If Jaggers or Hodge gets the job I think any backlash would be misguided.

---

PP92 is 100% correct with the quote above. People I've talked to would be very happy with either of those, but then, the people I've talked to either played there or follow H.S. football pretty closely. Jaggers, I think, would be an interesting & a very good choice.....not that Hodge wouldn't!

I hope they understand that him turning it down could be a possibility, too, and that those who could be angry can rationalize that.

In 1996, Bowling Green ended up hiring a guy named Kevin Wallace who had been the HC at Warren East & was about 20 games under .500. BG's top three choices fell through. The rest is history.

Who would have ever thought that a HC with a well below .500 record would have taken a Corvette and turned it into a Mazarati?

I think the backlash will not only be from not hiring Perry but from other issues that have happened in the past.

Third, actually moving. They would still have to move for his son to be elligble as I'm sure you know. They have lived in Danville since the summer of '97 & I believe in the same house. Sometimes people get to a point in their lives where they just don't want to move again.

Actually Harry, this is no longer an issue. House Bill 182 passed recently, allows employees in a school district that live outside the district to bring their children to that school district without penalty. It is actually a funding bill for the district where the student will be attending. If Perry were offered and took the job, he could bring his children with him to the school district. I don't see how the KHSAA could go against this recently passed legislation. Here is a summary of how the legislation reads:

"AN ACT relating to school funding. Amend KRS 157.350 to allow, under certain conditions, SEEK funding to be distributed to schools who employ teachers who reside outside the district boundary but whose children attend the district in which the teacher is employed; waive nonresident tuition fees; amend KRS 158.120 to conform."

Actually Harry, this is no longer an issue. House Bill 182 passed recently, allows employees in a school district that live outside the district to bring their children to that school district without penalty. It is actually a funding bill for the district where the student will be attending. If Perry were offered and took the job, he could bring his children with him to the school district. I don't see how the KHSAA could go against this recently passed legislation. Here is a summary of how the legislation reads:

"AN ACT relating to school funding. Amend KRS 157.350 to allow, under certain conditions, SEEK funding to be distributed to schools who employ teachers who reside outside the district boundary but whose children attend the district in which the teacher is employed; waive nonresident tuition fees; amend KRS 158.120 to conform."

Good to know. I had no idea. This rule needed to happen.

They couldn't go against the state I don't think...well, they could, but w/ no avail.

I'd be interested to know if anybody out there has benefited from this new rule?

Good stuff PD. Thanks for sharing.

Because I know that he won't. Don't believe me....I don't care.

Coach Perry has applied for the job........should have already been hired...why not??? Because the school is doing the same old song and dance that hasn't worked when hiring their coaches before. That's how I know........same thing will lead to same results.

Not saying I don't believe you buddy just wondering why you are so sure about things or seem to be? And I agree with you booby they should have done had Coach Perry signed on the dotted line. Might just be a him trying to get his assistants together? Do you think his brother Eric would come and join him possibly? I sure hope they don't screw this up or I'll start having the same attitude as Booby Miles lol

Not saying I don't believe you buddy just wondering why you are so sure about things or seem to be? And I agree with you booby they should have done had Coach Perry signed on the dotted line. Might just be a him trying to get his assistants together? Do you think his brother Eric would come and join him possibly? I sure hope they don't screw this up or I'll start having the same attitude as Booby Miles lol

I want them to get it right for some many reasons but mainly for the kids to have a great experience.

I still talk to some of the players that played for Coach Perry and they are so appreciative of everything he did for them....made men out of them and they will tell you they might not be the person they are today if it wasn't for him. That's the kind of coach I would want my kids to play for....so come on Garrard County get out of your comfort zone and get him hired.

I still talk to some of the players that played for Coach Perry and they are so appreciative of everything he did for them....made men out of them and they will tell you they might not be the person they are today if it wasn't for him. That's the kind of coach I would want my kids to play for....

This is the truest, most accurate thing you have said in this thread... The rest has been opinion masquerading as fact, if you ask me.

This is the truest, most accurate thing you have said in this thread... The rest has been opinion masquerading as fact, if you ask me.

You have a right to feel and think anyway you want but it will not change the fact they have a hard time with hiring coaches and keep them. ie....the boys basketball coaches!!!!

Edited by Ram