Who is new coach for Garrard now?

jericho

Didn't ask you but appreciate your opinion.

Understand, I am not begrudging you your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts on the direction of any team/program... I just don't think that everyone is entitled to their own facts. Seems to me that a lot of the "facts" you have been talking about fall more under the "opinon" label. Which isn't bad, just not really accurate.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand, I am not begrudging you your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts on the direction of any team/program... I just don't think that everyone is entitled to their own facts. Seems to me that a lot of the "facts" you have been talking about fall more under the "opinon" label. Which isn't bad, just not really accurate.

Fact is they have a hard time keeping coaches, my opinion is because they don't hire the right one, fact is Jerry Perry has applied for the head coaching job, my opinion is along with many others...and that is fact....that he should have already been hired, fact is there are Garrard alum that are coaching at other schools and aren't coaching at Garrard, my opinion is the reason is because they are alumni and they aren't "yes" people and the people that have been doing the hiring don't want someone with a strong opinion and fact is there are other issues besides hiring coaches, my opinion is they could do a whole lot better, fact is they hired a great superintendent, my opinion is the last couple wasn't so great.......I have more but my fingers are tired.....thats a fact!!!!!

Edited by Booby Miles

Fact is they have a hard time keeping coaches, my opinion is because they don't hire the right one, fact is Jerry Perry has applied for the head coaching job, my opinion is along with many others...and that is fact....that he should have already been hired, fact is there are Garrard alum that are coaching at other schools and aren't coaching at Garrard, my opinion is the reason is because they are alumni and they aren't "yes" people and the people that have been doing the hiring don't want someone with a strong opinion and fact is there are other issues besides hiring coaches, my opinion is they could do a whole lot better, fact is they hired a great superintendent, my opinion is the last couple wasn't so great.......I have more but my fingers are tired.....thats a fact!!!!!

So Josh Jaggers and John Hodge aren't quality hires in your opinion? It's Jerry Perry or bust for you?

So Josh Jaggers and John Hodge aren't quality hires in your opinion? It's Jerry Perry or bust for you?

Oh no. They would be great too. Josh has a great football background but John Hodge will not apply. They had their opportunity with him when they hired Mark Scenters.

My concern is if none of they others apply and Coach Perry did.....they still won't give it to him.

Heck, Louisville hired Petrino back.....why can't Garrard hire Perry back.

I've heard that Jaggers has an incredible set up at Larue county so why would he want to make a lateral jump? Hodge is in the same position so why leave a tremendous set up there? Just curious.

I've heard that Jaggers has an incredible set up at Larue county so why would he want to make a lateral jump? Hodge is in the same position so why leave a tremendous set up there? Just curious.

The Jaggers situation would probably be lateral, but that might not be a bad thing. Larue and Garrard are very similar in size and demographics. Larue is closer to Jaggers' family and they gave him his first job. Garrard is closer to where he grew up and the superintendent at Garrard was the principal at Larue that gave him his first job.

I don't claim to speak for Josh Jaggers but I would imagine that if he is interested in the Garrard job and was offered the position he would have to weigh the good and bad of both and make a really tough decision. Either choice he might make, I believe he'd be in a really good spot.

There is now a Facebook page that has been created called "Bring Jerry Perry Back To Garrard County" with 220 likes on it already after one day of being opened. Think people inside the admin will see this and this help them decide? I know it's just a facebook page but they have got to see how many people are supporting that. Now whether or not Jerry wants to come is another thing. Hope it's not the latter.

There is now a Facebook page that has been created called "Bring Jerry Perry Back To Garrard County" with 220 likes on it already after one day of being opened. Think people inside the admin will see this and this help them decide? I know it's just a facebook page but they have got to see how many people are supporting that. Now whether or not Jerry wants to come is another thing. Hope it's not the latter.

Yes you are right and I joined the group! Hopefully the admin will take notice of this and get the ball rolling or whatever the hold up might be??

He has an incredible set up as far as his teaching job, which is a big part of his or any coaches equation..that kind of goes without saying. I don't know exact numbers, but I know Larue County is one of the better paying teaching districts in the state; largely in part to their proximity to Louisville/Jefferson County. The 'ace in the hole kicker' is the fact that he gets somewhere around 25 extended days with his teaching gig. Long story short, he probably makes as much or more just teaching than 90% of the coaches across the state who do both.

But, as they say, "Money isn't everything". Somebody pointed out earlier in this thread or another one that he took the Larue job knowing that the first 3 years were going to be bad. Their 2012 season was Super Bowl season in and of itself. He had to replace his entire backfield as is going into the 2013 season, but had to do that twice. All three of his projected new starters this year were out for the season before the first game of the year. Not one, not two, but all three. I think one was due to a disciplinary issue that was out of his control, another kid moved the week of their 1st game and his stud Sophomore who I know he was planning on riding for the next three years was very seriously injured in their scrimmage & he may not ever be cleared to play again. He was forced to play several other freshmen and sophomores (especially freshmen) that had no business playing at all. Consequently, several of them were injured...some pretty bad injuries, thus very likely might not be playing next year either b/c of not being 100% and/or just flat out being "gun shy" which is totally understandable.

So, as they say, "Timing is Everything". I know several coaches who have taken pay cuts over the years just for better opportunities.

I'm not sure if he is a candidate or not, or even if he would be offered if interested. His mom and youngest sister still live in Danville. His youngest sister is a freshman at Danville High School. He and his wife have a 2 year old little girl with another one due in April. Grandbabies being close to grandparents is worth it's weight in gold, too as many of us probably know.

I still say that if everything is a go from both sides, that Jerry Perry is the man for the job, but as I pointed out in another post...there are a whole lot of factors for that to come full circle (as it is with any candidate).

I think this thing will be done in 3 weeks, though at the most.

I saw that, too and liked the page. Awesome.

You said it with the bolded.

I saw that, too and liked the page. Awesome.

You said it with the bolded.

Ya know, I was thinking yesterday...people say all the time (and in this thread) "the Athletic Director and Principal have gotten the hiring in all sports wrong in the past so they'll screw it up again". But man it's gotta be tough on them. I mean no matter who they choose, people are going to like the hire, and people are going to criticize the hire. Especially in Garrard County, there are parents that blame everything on the admin/coaches/teachers but never put any blame on their own son or daughters performance on the field or court. So then those parents move away and bash everything GC does from then on, like some on this thread that sound like they are "from GC" and bash everything about them. Those people on this thread are more than likely the ones of many that have moved their kids away. I wouldn't want the responsibilites of the principal or anyone else in the administration. Most people that criticize them would never be able to do the things those people do everyday. At the end of the day, we all want the kids to play their hearts out for whoever the coach is.

Ya know, I was thinking yesterday...people say all the time (and in this thread) "the Athletic Director and Principal have gotten the hiring in all sports wrong in the past so they'll screw it up again". But man it's gotta be tough on them. I mean no matter who they choose, people are going to like the hire, and people are going to criticize the hire. Especially in Garrard County, there are parents that blame everything on the admin/coaches/teachers but never put any blame on their own son or daughters performance on the field or court. So then those parents move away and bash everything GC does from then on, like some on this thread that sound like they are "from GC" and bash everything about them. Those people on this thread are more than likely the ones of many that have moved their kids away. I wouldn't want the responsibilites of the principal or anyone else in the administration. Most people that criticize them would never be able to do the things those people do everyday. At the end of the day, we all want the kids to play their hearts out for whoever the coach is.

Couldn't of said it better buddy! :clap:

Unfortunately, this is a pandemic not just at Garrard, but all over the state and country.

Often times, parents/kids transfer and aren't at a place long enough to get past the "honeymoon" effect. Ya know, "Everything about my new place is great." Can't see the forest for the trees type thing.

There are very, very, very few places across our state that don't have a little or a lot of this going on.

Unfortunately, this is a pandemic not just at Garrard, but all over the state and country.

Often times, parents/kids transfer and aren't at a place long enough to get past the "honeymoon" effect. Ya know, "Everything about my new place is great." Can't see the forest for the trees type thing.

There are very, very, very few places across our state that don't have a little or a lot of this going on.

The bold couldn't have been any better put. They'll all say "it's just so much better here, things are different here" kind of things. BUT as soon as somebody makes that parent mad, they'll be right back to square one. My main point, is you cannot make everyone happy. Ever.