Vatican Court Denies Nancy Pelosi.....

bballfamily

According to an article in the Washington Times the highest court in the Vatican is denying communion to Pelosi.

The reason being of her support for abortion.

Also, did Pelosi say something about that it is OK that Americans are losing work hours so they can "follow their passions"?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every parish priest knows someone in their parish who is doing something in their lives (words and/or actions) that would cause the Church to say no communion. 99.99% of the priests ignore this.

So I would criticize the "big Church" for this stance due to inconsistency.

According to an article in the Washington Times the highest court in the Vatican is denying communion to Pelosi.

The reason being of her support for abortion.

Also, did Pelosi say something about that it is OK that Americans are losing work hours so they can "follow their passions"?

Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke strikes again. His past targets have included John Kerry, Rick Majerus and Sheryl Crow. Wasn't he listening when the Pope said to ease up with all the right-wing rhetoric?

Every parish priest knows someone in their parish who is doing something in their lives (words and/or actions) that would cause the Church to say no communion. 99.99% of the priests ignore this.

So I would criticize the "big Church" for this stance due to inconsistency.

While I agree with your first comment, I would expect nothing less from the Vatican in this instance. If a doctrine isn't enforced by the Vatican, the whole church is at risk.

No problems with this decision.

While I agree with your first comment, I would expect nothing less from the Vatican in this instance. If a doctrine isn't enforced by the Vatican, the whole church is at risk.

Exactly, there are five major political issues that the Catholic Church has taught are intrinsically evil and are never acceptable. War is not one of them nor is the death penalty.

1. Abortion

2. Gay Marriage

3. Human Cloning

4. Destruction of embryonic stem cells

5. I am blanking on #5

Wasn't he listening when the Pope said to ease up with all the right-wing rhetoric?

You HONESTLY believe he didn't put this supposedly "right-wing rhetoric" past the pope before announcing it??

Burke is a stickler for rules and I would have to believe papal authority is a rule he follows to a T.

We agree overall. However, the Vatican loses credibility when it lets the local church let things slide. Singling out a high-profile person when letting everyone else slide simply says they're being vindictive.

But if the big church doesn't do what's right how can you expect the others to. Someone as to set the example for the smaller churches.

Call me when they call a priest on the carpet for not enforcing rules locally. They won't. If you enforce all of the "big rules" the flock will go elsewhere.

Call me when they call a priest on the carpet for not enforcing rules locally. They won't. If you enforce all of the "big rules" the flock will go elsewhere.

Why? The "Flock" doesn't believe in the big rules?

I think that if any church is weakening their core beliefs to keep/attract members they should just become a social club and quit calling themselves a church.

You HONESTLY believe he didn't put this supposedly "right-wing rhetoric" past the pope before announcing it??

Burke is a stickler for rules and I would have to believe papal authority is a rule he follows to a T.

The Vatican is sending out mixed messages. On one hand, the Pope urged pastors to focus more on mercy and ease off the abortion throttle. Then a few days later Burke goes after Pelosi over her pro-choice political position. Sounds to me like the Vatican PR office is in a bit of disarray.

Why? The "Flock" doesn't believe in the big rules?

I think that if any church is weakening their core beliefs to keep/attract members they should just become a social club and quit calling themselves a church.

So if the local Church does nothing to enforce the Church's rules what is that telling us?

I look at this from a couple of different vantage points:

1) I wouldn't vote for Nancy Pelosi if she was running against Bugs Bunny, but communion is a matter between an individual & God. If someone chooses to partake in an unworthy manner, then they have bigger problems on their hands--such as "sinning against the body & blood of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:27).

However,

2) I don't have to go to church to take communion. I've taken the emblems at a hotel room in Richmond, a steakhouse in Illinois, & a Greyhound bus in Oklahoma City. Heck, the first "food" eaten & the first "drink" consumed on the moon were the communion emblems. I don't need any church's permission, so if I am Mrs. Pelosi, I'll do it on my own.