Your Top 15 Teams in Kentucky, Regardless of Class

JokersWild24

I find it easier to rank teams I have seen in person rather than go on the biased opinions of the local fan base.

I watch HHS and the N Ky schools. I see Trinity each year in a scrimmage and against Greater Cincinnati competition. It makes it easier for me to judge. I saw Scott Co in a sub par performance lsst year.

I have nothing to judge BG on except the opinions of their fans and the opinions of St X fans who will definitely sing their praises. Tigers fans need BG to be number 1 to help validate all that preseason chatter about their team.

Highlands is traveling the next two weeks to John Hardin and Paducah. Calling all BGP members from those areas to come check out the matchups and see for yourselves what all us overzealous fans are always spouting off about.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it easier to rank teams I have seen in person rather than go on the biased opinions of the local fan base.

I watch HHS and the N Ky schools. I see Trinity each year in a scrimmage and against Greater Cincinnati competition. It makes it easier for me to judge. I saw Scott Co in a sub par performance lsst year.

I have nothing to judge BG on except the opinions of their fans and the opinions of St X fans who will definitely sing their praises. Tigers fans need BG to be number 1 to help validate all that preseason chatter about their team.

Highlands is traveling the next two weeks to John Hardin and Paducah. Calling all BGP members from those areas to come check out the matchups and see for yourselves what all us overzealous fans are always spouting off about.

I think most would agree with the sentiment of your first statement.

With that said, who has time to watch all of the teams aside from when they meet up in huge regular season match-ups or showdowns in the playoffs?

Going by that, we wouldn't really be able to intelligently talk about football in the state until 90% of the games in a season had passed us by. I come here to gather what I can from various posters across the state, then decide which games I want to check out (usually online) when I can. If posters are, for lack of a better word, "homers", then I don't give their opinions as much weight and go on. It usually washes out over time.

I agree with most of your post because it is easier to judge teams you have seen in person. However you sell the Saint X fans short, accusing them of not being objective enough to do just that regarding Bowling Green.

If the Birds handle John Hardin and Paducah Tilghman (as they should), then can we trust those two groups of fans to objectively judge Highlands or will their opinion just be too self-serving to rely on?

At this point the Tiger fans could care less about the preseason chatter. They have bigger issues that occupy their concern at the present moment.

I agree with most of your post because it is easier to judge teams you have seen in person. However you sell the Saint X fans short, accusing them of not being objective enough to do just that regarding Bowling Green.

If the Birds handle John Hardin and Paducah Tilghman (as they should), then can we trust those two groups of fans to objectively judge Highlands or will their opinion just be too self-serving to rely on?

Exactly.

And you're still leaving out what set non Highlands fans off so much. You want Highlands and Trinity first and second. That's cool. Once you start saying stuff like," you lose credibility if you don't have Trinity and Highlands #1 and #2" then yeah, people will get pissed off and respond. He was the first person to not have BG #1 or #2 so he is basically saying nobody has credibility but him. And you are saying his elitist comment doesn't deserve response? Whatever. I'll attack that everyday all day. Differing opinions is one thing. Elitist comments are a whole other ball game. We can handle that too though.

Ok, wasn't looking at it from that perspective. HOWEVER, there have been elitist remarks coming from the other way favoring BG that I noticed you haven't met with a similar response so I'd say both sides are working it.

Ok, wasn't looking at it from that perspective. HOWEVER, there have been elitist remarks coming from the other way favoring BG that I noticed you haven't met with a similar response so I'd say both sides are working it.

Those elitist comments were dealt with. Just like the elitist comment from Highlands was dealt with.

No way Scott Co. Gets ranked ahead of Highlands. Birds beat the Cards like 66-28 last yr. and Highlands did not get worse. Now, if Scott Co. improved that much in the offseason then I would be shocked.

47 to 14 at half, second teams saw most of 2nd half action. Lots of rationalizing going on about that score. I'm sure SC improved during the year but so did birds. The issue is this year. It sounds like SC returns a ton and has played well and given how the finished last year I can see why they're so well regarded.

That's probably about where I think everyone is for now.

From what I saw of Conner last Friday night they could be a pretty good team but I think their lack of a true RB hurts them a lot. All the defense has to do is keep their eye on Barker(which is not easy, because he rather athletic and has great size) and apply pressure up front. Right now Barker passing and Barker are really the only threats from Conner. With that said it's still going to be extremely hard for a lot of teams to hold Conner under 40 points in a game. If they could establish a running game though, watch out!

Keep one thing in mind, the game Friday night was a non-district game and I'm sure Coach Trosper did not show all of his cards. Conner's main goal is to run the district table and get the home field until they reach Bowling Green. Keep an eye on the Cougars. They also get one of their starting LB'ers back this week who has missed the first 1.5 games in Jacob Warwick. He will be a difference maker.