Your Top 15 Teams in Kentucky, Regardless of Class

JokersWild24

I would like to ask some of you......do you think that Bowling Green would be 3-0 with our schedule? Just asking.

What if they were 1-2 or 2-1?

Do they have to be 3-0 to be equal or better than Trinity?

It's not like Trinity is 3-0, they are 1-2.

Edited by ATLCat

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for the folks saying BG would be 1-2 or not 3-0 with Trinity's schedule.

So when BG is ranked #24 in the nation the national rankings are a joke but when it comes to qualifying Trinity's claim to being #1 in the state despite their .333 winning percentage it is because they play nationally ranked teams?

Which is it? Do the national rankings count or not? Let me know. Either way BG is nationally ranked and undefeated and currently the best team in the state with the best win in the state which was done in convincing fashion. Deal with it and move on. You'll be all right.

#drinkthePurplekoolaid

Caldwell County is benefitting from their reputation of being better than last year's team. Aren't they all juniors this season? If so, they'll benefit again next season. I haven't seen Caldwell County or Belfry play this season. So far Caldwell County is backing up the hype. Belfry's people are shocked they are as good as they are. Based on that I can't have Belfry higher than Caldwell County. Yet. I have seen Harlan County play so I know what Belfry was up against.

Central has probably been the #3 team in Louisville the past couple of years. Are they this year and what good 6A teams have they defeated this year?

Belfry's people are not shocked... they are pleasantly surprised. Everyone from Belfry will tell you they have one of the best collections of skill players returning that they have ever had and that they were going to be a darn good team by season's end. Belfry fans, or at least the more knowledgeable ones, sort of channel their leader Phillip Haywood. They are notorious sandbaggers and have a slightly pessimistic view of their team at the start of every season. The pessimism this year came from rebuilding an Oline (although Belfry has had a dominant line for the better part of a decade), 6 Freshman seeing significant minutes (Although they are part of possibly the most talented Freshman Class to ever come through Belfry), and replacing a pair of LB'ers who had collectively around a 1000 tackles for their career (that one is still a work in pogress).

Even Belfry fans picking the HC game made comments about "HC wins now..different story at if this were the end of the year"... don't let them fool you..they know there is the potential for a special team if the pieces came together.

Why do the highlands fans have to include their team in everything. The T folk have been modest from what I've seen and said they're not number 1 this season this moment in time, however you choose to phrase it. The Highlands fans always have to include themselves in some fashion and then try to support the claims by using their and T's history as reason. Highlands nor T is no. 1 in the state. Bowling green is the best team in the state at this point, deal with it. Fwiw I can deal with my team maybe not being a top 5 team In the state at this point in time.

Who has Caldwell defeated THIS YEAR who is even within 3 TD's of Harlan County or Eastern?

I've already said their reputation as a strong returning team who has lived up to the hype so far is why I have them ranked where they are. I don't know what else you want me to tell you. When Belfry's people are 'pleasantly surprised' at how well they are playing you can't expect me to rank them where you see fit 3 weeks into the season. The more they win the more I'll notice and adjust the rankings accordingly. As of today, no, I'm not going to rank a Belfry team that 3 weeks ago Belfry folks wouldn't have allowed to be in an overall Top 15 rankings higher than a team that everyone would rank in their Top 15.

And again, I've seen Harlan County. I haven't seen Eastern. I do know there are quite a few 'state semi finalists' that got there by default. Is Eastern one of them? I haven't heard ANYONE talk about how good Eastern is and I am not going to assume they are good just because they are 6A or because they were a 6A semi finalist last season.

Belfry's people are not shocked... they are pleasantly surprised. Everyone from Belfry will tell you they have one of the best collections of skill players returning that they have ever had and that they were going to be a darn good team by season's end. Belfry fans, or at least the more knowledgeable ones, sort of channel their leader Phillip Haywood. They are notorious sandbaggers and have a slightly pessimistic view of their team at the start of every season. The pessimism this year came from rebuilding an Oline (although Belfry has had a dominant line for the better part of a decade), 6 Freshman seeing significant minutes (Although they are part of possibly the most talented Freshman Class to ever come through Belfry), and replacing a pair of LB'ers who had collectively around a 1000 tackles for their career (that one is still a work in pogress).

Even Belfry fans picking the HC game made comments about "HC wins now..different story at if this were the end of the year"... don't let them fool you..they know there is the potential for a special team if the pieces came together.

They had me fooled once. I don't think they'll fool me again (this year).

I didn't expect that result at Harlan County, but Belfry is now a team that is firmly on my radar.

If the game were at Belfry, I might not feel the same, but it wasn't.

Question for the folks saying BG would be 1-2 or not 3-0 with Trinity's schedule.

So when BG is ranked #24 in the nation the national rankings are a joke but when it comes to qualifying Trinity's claim to being #1 in the state despite their .333 winning percentage it is because they play nationally ranked teams?

Which is it? Do the national rankings count or not? Let me know. Either way BG is nationally ranked and undefeated and currently the best team in the state with the best win in the state which was done in convincing fashion. Deal with it and move on. You'll be all right.

#drinkthePurplekoolaid

Now PP, you know that national rankings only matter when they favor the point that someone is trying to make and otherwise, they are worthless.