Your Top 15 Teams in Kentucky, Regardless of Class

JokersWild24

I agree with most of your post because it is easier to judge teams you have seen in person. However you sell the Saint X fans short, accusing them of not being objective enough to do just that regarding Bowling Green.

If the Birds handle John Hardin and Paducah Tilghman (as they should), then can we trust those two groups of fans to objectively judge Highlands or will their opinion just be too self-serving to rely on?

After seeing Paducah Tilghman I believe Highlands will put a running clock on them. With that said I have BG #1 with Trinity a very close 2nd.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of your post because it is easier to judge teams you have seen in person. However you sell the Saint X fans short, accusing them of not being objective enough to do just that regarding Bowling Green.

If the Birds handle John Hardin and Paducah Tilghman (as they should), then can we trust those two groups of fans to objectively judge Highlands or will their opinion just be too self-serving to rely on?

John Hardin and PT did not have the preseason expectations of the ST X team. If you believe your team to be the best, and then you lose - it is only natural to believe the team that beat you is number one. JH and PT do not have that expectation. I do not know if we can trust any fan base to be objective, we all watch the games with our blue/green/purple shaded glasses.

The HHS/JH game is on Saturday. I am hoping some BG fans make the trip over to see for themselves the type of team the Birds have this season. BG fans can get a very good idea of the level of play of the Birds since they are very familiar with the JH program and then we can start this debate all over again.

John Hardin and PT did not have the preseason expectations of the ST X team. If you believe your team to be the best, and then you lose - it is only natural to believe the team that beat you is number one. JH and PT do not have that expectation. I do not know if we can trust any fan base to be objective, we all watch the games with our blue/green/purple shaded glasses.

The HHS/JH game is on Saturday. I am hoping some BG fans make the trip over to see for themselves the type of team the Birds have this season. BG fans can get a very good idea of the level of play of the Birds since they are very familiar with the JH program and then we can start this debate all over again.

BG fans have seen Highlands. They were on ESPNU.

47 to 14 at half, second teams saw most of 2nd half action. Lots of rationalizing going on about that score. I'm sure SC improved during the year but so did birds. The issue is this year. It sounds like SC returns a ton and has played well and given how the finished last year I can see why they're so well regarded.

Preach it!

Highlands should handle JH and PT by 30-40 points, but, imo, so, would BG, so, not sure seeing them beat up on inferior competition would prove that much. Granted, JH has been a disappointment thus far this year. That doesn't mean they weren't very good last year or the year before, but, if a 2a Desales is beating you, then you'd think Highlands would have little trouble doing the same. If a 1a Mayfield is beating you, as is the case with PT, then you'd think Highlands would have little trouble doing the same. That's not a knock on these 2 teams because they do both have some talented athletes, but, they just aren't anywhere near being one of the best 4-5 teams in the state, like St X is or was at least expected to be. It's not Highlands fault that JH is down. I'm sure when this game was scheduled it was expected to be a very good opponent and test for the Bluebirds. as far as the topic at hand, the Highlands supporters accuse the St X fans of singing the Purples praise because that way it makes them look better. At the same time, Highlands fans sing Trinity's praises because that makes them look better, but, in reality, be it St X or Highlands fans, all that clamoring is doing is possibly giving your team a vote or 2 for 2nd place, because the only thing proven on the field is that BG is definitely better than St X and Trinity is definitely better than Highlands. Now, when it comes to T and BG, that's still a debate for who's the top team. Noone else, with possibly the exception of Scott Co, can be in that discussion.