Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60

No.

Chames was driving after a steal. Wichmann fouled him on the floor right before he started to shoot the layup. Tobler was right behind Wich and fouled him really hard right after the first whistle. T was correct call. Two shots for the T. No other Ts in the game besides the one on Coach L at halftime.

There was a lot of contact but it wasn't a dirty foul...it was more of a bump when Holmes player was preparing to elevate.

Great game & pretty good atmosphere. Congrats to Holmes.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coach L came flyyying down like a madman. Had no business being there and deservedly got T'd up.Coach R was complaining about a TO they tried to call. He was satisfied with refs response then asked a question or questioned or pointed out something Holmes was doing which I think sparked Coach L. Coach R was on the CC baseline while Coach L was on his bench, so no way Coach L could hear what was being said. The gestures Coach R made were minimal. So, as stated, Coach L lost it. He had no business being there in the middle of it. He is not the head coach.

Nosirrr. But he did what was necessary, maybe he got T'd up but he got more in the end with that confortation imo.

I think Coach L saw his opening and took it to make sure Coach R was not goin to go into halftime with the edge.

Some say why did he do it. But there are guys on here that know why he did it and they would want him to do it for their team if the opportunity would have presented itself.

Its "old school" tatics that some use and Coach L used it to his advantage in the end, the man is a good one and he sure can coach...

Bolden is a PG not a SG, so comparing him to Archie isn't relevant. Cal typically looks for PGs in the 6'2" plus range with top end athleticism. Bolden doesn't fit that mold...

Bolden is only a sophmore, still has 2 years of growing left to do. Put him in the weight room and this kid will be lights out as a senior.

Unbelieveable atmosphere ath BOK tonight. It was a good alod fashioned heavy weight battle. Both teams gave everything they had. Every loose ball had 5 or 6 kids diving on floor after it. Those kids played their hearts out tonight, and we the fans were luckyy to have witnessed it. Huge props to Nick R, Frederick, Pauly and the rest of the Colonels. To see Nick R and Frederick in warmups you would think that they should be able to be pushed around but that is NOT THE CASE. Those are 2 of the toughest kids i have ever seen play and the high school level. Their will to win is second to none. Even bigger props go out to Palmer, Coston, Bolden and the rest of the Bulldogs. Palmer and Coston kept the team focused after Bolden fouled out and played like the seniors they are. Housley came off the bench once Engelmon fouled out and did a really good job on Nick R. I dont know if i can come up with the words to describe Bolden. the kid is flat out special and everyone should make it a point to go watch him multiple times in the next 2 years. the player of the game at the end was Q. Chames. The way he challenged shots and seem to get every rebound as 100% pure effort and a joy to watch....Once again, thanks to both the Colonels and the Bulldogs for the amazing effort put forth tonight, i think i am safe to speak for everyone there, that it was very much appreicated

Edited by Boxer23

How did they come up with the basket was good and it was a double foul? That would seem to be about impossible since the shot and contact were all at the same time?

This is what I and everyone around me was saying at the game.

Ok gents, I wasn't questioning Clyde's analysis of that particular part of the game. Sorry if I was misleading. I come to this board looking for Clyde's posts to get the best possible information I can. And that it was... I just wasn't use to reading a post from the greatness the way it was posted. I guess I was a little too sensitive. Sounds like it was a great game.

Moving on..

How did they come up with the basket was good and it was a double foul? That would seem to be about impossible since the shot and contact were all at the same time?

That's what the rule says. A blarge where the shot goes in counts and the other team gets the ball. Had it not gone in it would have been a jump ball.

Ok gents, I wasn't questioning Clyde's analysis of that particular part of the game. Sorry if I was misleading. I come to this board looking for Clyde's posts to get the best possible information I can. And that it was... I just wasn't use to reading a post from the greatness the way it was posted. I guess I was a little too sensitive. Sounds like it was a great game.

Moving on..

So I shouldn't say "lol?"

Bolden is only a sophmore, still has 2 years of growing left to do. Put him in the weight room and this kid will be lights out as a senior.

I think Bolden is fantastic and well on his way to being a high major prospect. Doesn't change what I see in the differences between his size/athleticism and what Cal prefers at the point. He went away from it this year with Harrow. How's that going???

There was a lot of contact but it wasn't a dirty foul...it was more of a bump when Holmes player was preparing to elevate.

Great game & pretty good atmosphere. Congrats to Holmes.

Sad part was the guy getting clobbered (Chames) got no shots ( I think Bolden took and missed the T foul shots). Talk about taking one for the team. Ouch.