Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

. the player of the game at the end wsn Q. Chames. The way he challenged shots and seem to get every rebound as 100% pure effort and a joy to watch....

I made the comment once Englemon went out and Holmes went small how much pressure was on Chames to rebound and contest shots. He did this and had a huge tip bucket. Well done.

From what I hear Chris Mack is close friends with Coach Ruthsatz do I believe he's there for multiple reasons.

They are acquaintances. Nothing more. If Holmes wasn't playing he wasn't coming tonight.

True story....when I talked to Coach Booher for the first time 3 years ago, I told him he would get to Rupp within 3 years.

Year 3 and the Bulldogs are going to Rupp.

I honestly didn't even remember this until Jason reminded me when I finished interviewing him after the game. Extremely proud of not only these players but also the coaching staff. Not one Covcath person came up to Coach L after the game to congratulate him. Pretty low, if you ask me. I'm sure going to Rupp in a red vest is much sweeter.

On a side note, Coach Scott Ruthsatz should be commended for the class he showed after the game. I was talking to Ryan Palmer as he was taking a picture of Quan, BJ, and Chris and as Scott walked by he told them how proud of them he was and that all three showed great leadership tonight. Also went as far as telling Quan that he played like a senior should making those big ft's down the stretch. Then asked (laughing) why he had to do it against his team. Classy move by Coach Ru.

CC went to 1-3-1 zone to start 2nd half with Schuh up top. Good strategy or bad? I say bad. Also, I think Ruth or Fred should have attempted more treys in 2nd half. I think that getting Bulldogs in foul trouble early in 2nd half altered CC's offensive game plan.

Who is 15 from Holmes? Kid gets major props for harassing the heck out of Ruth in the second half. Bird dogged him thru out.

I must say Ii was shocked and saddened when I read a tweet from a CCH fb player tonight. Disgusting.

Armani Housely...another junior. The seniors will be missed, but the Dogs will definetly reload with the current jr class (Hill, Housely, Herndon), Bolden, and the loaded frosh class as sophomores.

. Not one Covcath person came up to Coach L after the game to congratulate him. Pretty low, if you ask me. I'm sure going to Rupp in a red vest is much sweeter..

I went over & spoke with Coach L, shook his hand, told him congrats & he gave me a hug. I was with two other CovCath guys that did the same, so be careful with blanket statements.

There was no drama. Ruthsatz was having a chat with ref and Listerman comes flying down, flailing about. He lost his composure. It appears he has some separation issues.

I think the Park Hills Mafia has the separation issues. Don't think they have won without coach Listerman. Holmes is glad to have a class act and great coach on their sideline.