Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is 15 from Holmes? Kid gets major props for harassing the heck out of Ruth in the second half. Bird dogged him thru out.

I must say Ii was shocked and saddened when I read a tweet from a CCH fb player tonight. Disgusting.

I thought Housely did a great job on Ruthsatz too... I honestly thought he should've had him more to save bolden from fouls

Unfortunately I could not attend tonight's "barnburner", however Congrats to the Bulldogs for running the "gauntlet" and claiming the title. Very impressive run by beating the regions #1, #3, & #4 teams. Do the 9th Region proud at Rupp.

Also a tip of the hat to CovCath on a very fine season.

This was a game of spurts. It was pretty even until the beginning of the 2nd quarter when CCH got on fire. They made everything, it was impressive. When Pauly and Frederick had to sit with fouls, it really broke their rhythm and they were easier to guard. Holmes was able to get it to 4 at the half and still be in it. There was a big differential in fouls the first half but it was due to Holmes driving to the bucket and CCH shooting from outside. The 'dogs started to get into fould trouble in the 3rd because CCH was penetrating and dishing. The Palmer 3 at the end of the 3rd and Coston 3 to beginning the 4th was theturning point. It gave Holmes a 7 pt cushion they really needed with with Englemon and Bolden fouling out with about 5 minutes to go. CCH really upped the pressure and Holmes turned the ball over quite a bit in the 4 minute to 2 minute mark. Herndon hit big free throws 3 of 4 abd Chames cleaned the boards. CCH got all you could ask for in the last 45 seconds 3 good looks down one and they just didn't go in. These are two really good teams. Holmes is very deserving with the road to the championship the roughest you could have in the 9th. There wasn't a breather for their 3 games. They have a challenging draw in the Sweet 16 but I believe they will represent the 9th well. They may not get out of the 1st round, but they will come to play. The kids were extremely excited after the game, as would be expected. Great seaso for CCH and really a lot of fun in the 9th this year. Huge crowds for the tournament and that is great for this area. GO 'DOGS!!!

That could be a record attendance at BOKC. Can someone check up on that

One of the first years (perhaps the very first year) the tourney was played at the Bank of Kentucky, the 9th and 10th regions played their championship games back to back, same night. There may have been more at that one. For just the 9th, today was the biggest crowd I can remember. (NKU opened the arena by hosting U of L with Coach Pitino. That night was sold out.)