Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60

It was an all out battle. Great game. Great atmosphere. Great teams.

As a high school player or fan you could not ask for a better final game.

Not many kids get to play in front of 6000+ crazy fans.

Unfortunately someone has to go home.

Good luck to the Bull Dogs! Represent the 9th well.

CCH players... Pauley, Fredrick & Tobler hang your heads high on a great season & career. You fought like warriors!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the ticket situation, could you have bought tickets to the game online? That may be a solution right there. I wish I had looked into it instead of standing in the long line. I thought they might delay the start of the game again like they did on Tuesday but they didn't. Tipoff was at 6:06 on my watch.

In a ticket complaint, the BOK didn't even have all the ticket windows running. There was one that was closed when I bought my tickets. In defense of the BOK, this crowd was 2,000+ larger than any previous 9th region title game so that made it difficult to know how big the crowd would be.

I got inside the building at 5:15. Only four ticket windows were operating. C'mon, open them all up starting at 5! Better yet, for a game like this, open up everything 90 mins before, not 60. Also, open up the upper deck right away, not at 5:30.

On the ticket situation, could you have bought tickets to the game online? That may be a solution right there. I wish I had looked into it instead of standing in the long line. I thought they might delay the start of the game again like they did on Tuesday but they didn't. Tipoff was at 6:06 on my watch.

In a ticket complaint, the BOK didn't even have all the ticket windows running. There was one that was closed when I bought my tickets. In defense of the BOK, this crowd was 2,000+ larger than any previous 9th region title game so that made it difficult to know how big the crowd would be.

Did they have the ticket window open upstairs? They did for the first two rounds. The basement had a huge line, but I snuck upstairs and there were only about 3 people buying tickets.

What a great night of basketball. If you were not there then you missed out. 9th as predicted provided we fans a fantastic show all season long and ended in a game for the ages. To say I am impressed with the athletes this year would simply be an understatement. Let's do this again real soon. Bravo to our Region! I will see you all around the court soon I hope.

Did they have the ticket window open upstairs? They did for the first two rounds. The basement had a huge line, but I snuck upstairs and there were only about 3 people buying tickets.

Thank The Lord we bought tickets after the game on Sunday. What a hot mess the BOK had on their hands. Ridiculous process for buying tickets and for parking (coming and going). They could have very easily sent a rep out to direct half those poor folks standing on the bridge over to the other ticket line.

What a game!!! The only complaint I have about my experience is getting into BOK. We stood on the bridge for 45 minutes just to get into the game and missed the entire first quarter. BOK needs to do something about this. Congrats to Holmes.

I was listening on Ihigh. Didn't lose the feed. I do have a suggestion. Give the score and time in game more often. Many times they said...."It is a 8 point lead". Would be better to give the score and who is leading.

My biggest pet peave when listening to games and nobody seems to care.........

Yes the Tobler foul was hard but he was clearly going for the ball. A Technical was not merited in that instance IMO.

That's not correct, Bluedad.

He got the T because the whistle had already blown and he still clobbered Chames. Deserved.

Even had he been the first to foul it was going to be an intentional foul even though he was trying for the ball. High school rules require an intentional foul to be called when the foul is "excessive" in severity. Textbook case.

For the record, I didn't have a problem with Tobs foul. It wasn't dirty. It did deserve a T though.

I got inside the building at 5:15. Only four ticket windows were operating. C'mon, open them all up starting at 5! Better yet, for a game like this, open up everything 90 mins before, not 60. Also, open up the upper deck right away, not at 5:30.

I got there at 4:40 and people already had tickets so I'm guessing the window opened at 4:30. There were only 2 people working though.

For all the people that are talking about the trouble getting in, I got there about 25 mintues before game time and it took me about 10 minutes to get in. Not bad at all... Not saying BOKC doesn't need to do something about it, but I think it's one of those 'early bird gets the worm' things...

He got the T because the whistle had already blown and he still clobbered Chames. Deserved.

Even had he been the first to foul it was going to be an intentional foul even though he was trying for the ball. High school rules require an intentional foul to be called when the foul is "excessive" in severity. Textbook case.

For the record, I didn't have a problem with Tobs foul. It wasn't dirty. It did deserve a T though.

I have gone back and forth on whether the foul warranted a T or not.

I have gone back and forth on whether the foul warranted a T or not.

D's pics answer that. The foul has already happened before the 1st pic. Whistle had blown, right? You have to let up . Refs have to protect an airborne shooter who is vulnerable.

That particular Ref had a bit of a delayed whistle, Tobler had already committed when the actual whistle was blown. It was "technically" the correct call by how the rule is written, but it sure puts a player in a very tough situation. From the time of the whistle to when Tobler made contact (as shown in the great pictures from Panda) had to be hundreths of seconds, not tenths but hundreths.

Didn't think the officiating affected the outcome of the game, but I also wouldn 't call it a well officated game. Very inconsistent in how they called things like the hand checks, sometimes very tight other times jerseys pulled out of the waistband and no call.