Everything posted by Boxer23
-
Open Job: Holy Cross (Covington)
Terry would be my choice also. He was the JV Head Coach prior to moving to Varsity Asst. Terry knows the game, relates well with the kids and any one who knows him knows how he feels about the school and the programs. He would be a great choice to lead this program going forward.
-
Holy Cross at Holmes - Live on Holy Cross Radio - 1/6
Have a good broadcast. Hopefully, I will get back on the air with you soon.
-
Holy Cross vs Dixie - 9th Region - Live on Holy Cross Radio - 3/4
Looking forward to calling the game tonight. Should be a lot of fun!
-
2019 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
Big night for the Macke family. Congrats!!! Their daughter also registered her first varsity points!!
-
Holy Cross at Dixie - Live on Holy Cross Radio - 2/10
HC 67 Dixie 58 Final
-
Holy Cross at Dixie - Live on Holy Cross Radio - 2/10
Currently experiencing software issues. Working on it
-
paNDA and His Brother Appreciation Thread
Just wanted to take a moment to thank paNDA and his brother for all the photos they take at the many games they attend. They go above and beyond for the teams and families. They always get shots of every kid that enters the game. Just the other day at the Holy Cross/Bellevue game, Holy Cross had 3 kids that scored their first varsity points and they captured it in a photo. That it really cool for the kids and families. Just really wanted to say thanks to both paNDA and his brother and let them know they what they do is greatly appreciated and to sincerely thank them.
-
Holy Cross 73 Covington Catholic 68
Just listened to the game. Was really bummed that I was not available to broadcast the game with Terry. I would like to thank Dave Bezold for stepping in for me as I was at Beechwood with the HC Girls team. Dave and Terry did a great job last night. Sounded like an unbelievable atmosphere in the Finn.
-
Holy Cross vs NCC - Live on Holy Cross Radio - 12/22
Looking forward to seeing this one from the best seats in the house. Should be a good one
-
Cov Holy Cross 50 Madison Central 42
Gonna be a fun one to call on Tuesday
-
Holy Cross vs Campbell Co - Live on HC Internet Radio - 12/9
First home game for the Indians after 3 straight away from home. Looking forward to an exciting night of HS Hoops.
-
Covington Holy Cross 59 Tates Creek 28
HC has played 4 games this year and no other 8th graders have been on the bench. That is a fact
-
Covington Holy Cross 59 Tates Creek 28
I can 100% confirm that there is only one 8th grader on the varsity bench for HC and that is Chames. No other 8th graders sit varsity
-
Holy Cross 10 St.Henry 0 JV
The kids on the HC JV are really coming together as a team. There are no Varsity players playing down. Some of the JV players are going up to varsity here and there but the recent success is based on the JV players. The kids are really enjoying playing right now and it is fun to watch. Pitchers are throwing strikes, fielders are making plays, and they are swinging at good pitches (Baseball can really be that simple).
-
Pangallo foul on Ruthsatz- You make the call
- Pangallo foul on Ruthsatz- You make the call
- Pangallo foul on Ruthsatz- You make the call
I agree with everything you say. I made the point about Pangallo coming to the ground with no contact as that i thought maintained verticality enough to maintain legal guarding position in my mind. I have no issue with an offensive player initiating contact, but the lowering of the shoulder into the defender would have made it an offensive foul in my eyes. I think you could show a room referees this same video and there would a lot of debate on this. This ref was in the correct spot on the floor, was looking right at the play and made the call without hesitation. In his mind, it was a defensive foul. I dont think there is a clear cut right or wrong on this play, just the official's judgement that is making the call- Pangallo foul on Ruthsatz- You make the call
I had yet to weigh in/ give my thoughts on this as I was hoping someone would have a video. That is me in the red and white pullover right where the play happened. Let me also say that I have been a referee. My immediate reaction was that this was an offensive foul. Based on where i was sitting, Pangallo would have come down on the court without making contact with Ruthsatz and the Ruthsatz initiated all the contact by lowering his shoulder and jumping into the defender. This is my mind would have constituted an offensive foul. This is just my interpretation of the play fwiw.- Region Tournament Officials Swap
I know for the 9th region officials, the hand check was a point of emphasis this year. I personally talked to referees from the Lexington Region (not sure what the number is) and the 10th region and none of the referees stated that the hand check was made a point of emphasis to them and they had heard that the 9th region's games were called tighter.- Predictions for Friday's BOK double header
He has gearing up for this for weeks. I may trouble controlling him tonight. See you in about an hour T- Throwback Thursday - Holmes Bulldogs
I believe this to be around 1985...Could be wrong but here goes. Back-Coach Flynn,Joe Mardis, Donnie Cheatum, Doug Jones, Ron Washington, Jarrod Miller, Mike Beal, Steve Simpson, Coach Spurlock Front- Mike Boggs, Tom Gullett, Humphrey Engelmon, Rodney Randolph, Brad Carr- 9th Region...Who has the bragging rights?
i'm not sure if would be fiscally possible for either Dixie or New Cath. New Cath would be giving up a guaranteed sell out. Our thoughts were strictly from a fan's perspective. I'm sure there would be other schools stating if this happened, they could be gaining an unfair advantage to getting a game on the BOK floor before the 9th region tourney. i know this wont happen, but it would be a lot of fun if it did.- 9th Region...Who has the bragging rights?
I will start by stating this was not my idea, but i like it. On Feb 14th, Holmes plays NCC and Cov Cath plays Dixie. Neither game has district seeding implications, so how about the powers that be contact NKU and have a double header at BOK. Based on this thread, these look to be the top 4 teams in the region. Charge 7-8 bucks at the door and i would bet you could get close to 5k for this. I know home teams have to give up the gates and concessions but we can leave that up to them to figure out the logistics of it. For a pure fans standpoint, this would be a great night of hoops and would be worthy of the semi-finals of the 9th region tourney. I can tell you that i would not hesitate to pay this amount for this double header.- Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60
I have known "Get some" for a long time. Great guy and fan of the local teams. I would be lying though if I didn't say there is a special place for the Bulldogs for him! He is the epomity of "Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog!"- Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60
Unbelieveable atmosphere ath BOK tonight. It was a good alod fashioned heavy weight battle. Both teams gave everything they had. Every loose ball had 5 or 6 kids diving on floor after it. Those kids played their hearts out tonight, and we the fans were luckyy to have witnessed it. Huge props to Nick R, Frederick, Pauly and the rest of the Colonels. To see Nick R and Frederick in warmups you would think that they should be able to be pushed around but that is NOT THE CASE. Those are 2 of the toughest kids i have ever seen play and the high school level. Their will to win is second to none. Even bigger props go out to Palmer, Coston, Bolden and the rest of the Bulldogs. Palmer and Coston kept the team focused after Bolden fouled out and played like the seniors they are. Housley came off the bench once Engelmon fouled out and did a really good job on Nick R. I dont know if i can come up with the words to describe Bolden. the kid is flat out special and everyone should make it a point to go watch him multiple times in the next 2 years. the player of the game at the end was Q. Chames. The way he challenged shots and seem to get every rebound as 100% pure effort and a joy to watch....Once again, thanks to both the Colonels and the Bulldogs for the amazing effort put forth tonight, i think i am safe to speak for everyone there, that it was very much appreicated - Pangallo foul on Ruthsatz- You make the call