Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region Tournament Officials Swap

Featured Replies

Does anyone have a list of what regions will be swapping officials for their respective regional tournaments?

 

I have heard that the 12th and 15th Regions will be swapping but am not totally sure on that.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure we have some posters that will give us this info. I want to know too.

I believe the 10th is getting Louisville Officials.

The Ninth Region Stripes are going to Louisville and the Ninth will be getting the Stripes of a combined 6th and 7th region. This is straight from a gentleman who if I used his name, no one would in the 9th would question me on it!

 

Louisville fans, you are getting a great crew of gentlemen, who will hustle, be in position to make the correct call and they will call the game fair, for both teams and in my opinion, they will be consistent in their calling of the games

I believe the 10th is getting Louisville Officials.

 

The Ninth Region Stripes are going to Louisville and the Ninth will be getting the Stripes of a combined 6th and 7th region. This is straight from a gentleman who if I used his name, no one would in the 9th would question me on it!

 

Louisville fans, you are getting a great crew of gentlemen, who will hustle, be in position to make the correct call and they will call the game fair, for both teams and in my opinion, they will be consistent in their calling of the games

Is the 9th and 10th both getting Louisville officials?

Sorry for my ignorance but what part of the state are 9th and 10th regions.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Edited by gold sunrise

sorry for my ignorance but what part of the state are 9th and 10th regions.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

 

The 9th is NKY schools and the tenth is north central ky from Campbell in the west to mason in the east and from Augusta in the north to bourbon in the south. Along with mount sterling is also in the tenth

Sorry for my ignorance but what part of the state are 9th and 10th regions.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

 

The 9th is your Northern Ky area. The 10th is more spread out, includes teams from, Campbell, Bracken, Mason, Pendleton, Harrison, Bourbon, Clark, Nicholas, and Montgomery Counties.

The Ninth Region Stripes are going to Louisville and the Ninth will be getting the Stripes of a combined 6th and 7th region. This is straight from a gentleman who if I used his name, no one would in the 9th would question me on it!

 

Louisville fans, you are getting a great crew of gentlemen, who will hustle, be in position to make the correct call and they will call the game fair, for both teams and in my opinion, they will be consistent in their calling of the games

 

I disagree. Ninth region officials for the most part have been very inconsistent IMO. I don't like the fact that they tend to call a very tight game however I understand that teams and coaches need to understand and adjust to this. I personally wish they would let them play a bit more than they do and be consistent with their play calling throughout. However, I feel confident these guys will do a decent job in another region where they do not have ties to coaches or players and there are no biases to deal with.

. I feel confident these guys will do a decent job in another region where they do not have ties to coaches or players and there are no biases to deal with.

 

There is nothing worse than walking into a road game (particularly in another region) and seeing the officials laughing it up with the home team's coaches. I know they would say it doesn't affect how they call the game, and I have no doubt no official consciously favors one team over another. But I also think the swapping of officials for the regional tournament is a great idea.

I disagree. Ninth region officials for the most part have been very inconsistent IMO. I don't like the fact that they tend to call a very tight game however I understand that teams and coaches need to understand and adjust to this. I personally wish they would let them play a bit more than they do and be consistent with their play calling throughout. However, I feel confident these guys will do a decent job in another region where they do not have ties to coaches or players and there are no biases to deal with.

This post shows your complete lack of understanding of how officials work.

Are you saying you feel ALL 9th regions officials ref a fair game with no bias what-so-ever? Careful FOTR, you might have just fell into a trap and revealed your complete lack of understanding of how the officiating has been for a very very long time in the 9th. I will add that overall I feel the 9th region officials for the most part have a very good handle on the rules of the game. There are several refs that I am comfortable walking into a gym and seeing them on any given night. While there are others that you just know before the start of the game are going to homer-ed a time or two by. I have seen this for far to long.

Would the 6th, 7th and 9th region teams be better served by having officials from non-metropolitan areas so as get better acclimated to what they might ecnounter at Rupp?........Or, is there not that much of a discrepancy? How are "Rupp" officials selected? (It seems like there is a marked difference in football.)

Are you saying you feel ALL 9th regions officials ref a fair game with no bias what-so-ever? Careful FOTR, you might have just fell into a trap and revealed your complete lack of understanding of how the officiating has been for a very very long time in the 9th. I will add that overall I feel the 9th region officials for the most part have a very good handle on the rules of the game. There are several refs that I am comfortable walking into a gym and seeing them on any given night. While there are others that you just know before the start of the game are going to homer-ed a time or two by. I have seen this for far to long.

 

The question wasn't to me but.....No I don't think the stripes call games based upon the name on the shirt! Do I think that some stripes call the game a tad different than others and thus upset some? Yes but if you know that in advance then adjust.

 

In baseball there are Blue's who call low strikes and those who wouldn't call a strike at the knee and I for one don't have a problem with that, as I know how those gentlemen call the game.

 

In the Ninth the Assigning Secretary has been preaching about being in position, understanding the rules, being in shape and being consistent in their calls and I for one, think our guys are more fair to out of town teams, than I have ever seen a Ninth Region Team, get on the road!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.