Everything posted by TheAmishElectrician
-
Rockcastle County/Clay County Updates
At the half, Rock leads 40-0. Rock leads the total yardage 135 to -22.
-
Rockcastle County/Clay County Updates
With 10:00 left in the 2nd quarter, Rock now leads 33-0.
-
Rockcastle County/Clay County Updates
Rockcastle County leads 20-0 with 4:59 left in the first quarter. Rock was leading 13-0 before having an offensive play with a 55 yard punt return for a touchdown and a 42 yard INT return.
-
Rockcastle County/Russell County Updates
With 8:44 left in the game, Rock leads 40-20. Russell County has moved the ball at will, but it has been against the JV defense.
-
Rockcastle County/Russell County Updates
40-0 at the half with the Rockets leading the Lakers. Rock has 268 yards of offense to Russell County's -26 yards. Rock also has 17 first downs and a TOP of 15:43 to Russell County's 1 first down (on a Rock personal foul penalty) and a TOP of 8:17.
-
Rockcastle County/Russell County Updates
40-0 now with 1:21 left in the 1st half.
-
Rockcastle County/Russell County Updates
With 5:14 to go in the 2nd quarter, Rock now leads 34-0.
-
Rockcastle County/Russell County Updates
Rock now leads 27-0 with 7:37 left in the 2nd quarter.
-
Rockcastle County/Russell County Updates
Rockcastle now leads 20-0 with 2:41 left in the first quarter. Russell County has run 9 plays for -14 yards. Rockcastle has run 13 plays for 87 yards.
-
Rockcastle County/Russell County Updates
Rockcastle leads 14-0 with 5:44 left in the 1st quarter.
-
Wayne County/Rockcastle County Updates
I'm sitting literally 3 people to left of the clock operator and he is starting the clock when the white hat is signaling him to do so.
-
4A #10 Mercer County at East Jessamine
I haven't seen Mercer County play, but after seeing East Jessamine play in their opening game, I can honestly say that if Mercer County is half the team I've heard they are then they should get the running clock. Come playoff time, Mercer County will be the only team from their district to win a playoff game.
-
Paris 52 Berea 0
The big question now is with the extreme lack of support from the school system, is this season a catalyst for football to be dropped at Berea? A program like Berea's is yet another reason why I think we should have an 8-man football class so that those smaller schools who have trouble getting numbers can have an opportunity to play against other school in their situation.
-
#1 in 4A is...
I never have been and never will be a fan of Coach Matney, BUT with that having been said, I want as many state titles to come back to the mountains as possible so if that means Johnson Central wins over either Franklin-Simpson or South Warren then so be it. Of course I want my team to win the 4A title, but I will also be happy if a mountain school wins it. It's the same way with the SEC and any sport...if UK doesn't win a national title I will root for the SEC school that makes it to the title game.
-
Rockcastle County 26 Somerset 20
Last week, it was Rockcastle's opponent that made the necessary changes at halftime to come back and pull out the win. This week it was Rockcastle that made the necessary changes at halftime. Before specific Rockcastle fan gets on here, I will admit that Somerset gave this game away. Yes Rockcastle County did a fantastic job of not rolling over and giving up, but when you turn the ball over that many times late in the game that lead directly to points being scores then you can say that the game was given away. I'm super impressed with the Cornette brothers and Doan as well. Those boys can play. The thing that impressed me the most was after the game was over and Somerset's #12 came over to personally check on the injured Rockcastle County player. That kid showed a lot of class in doing that. Now for Rockcastle County. This team showed a lot of heart and could have easily given up on the gave when Somerset went up 20-0 after two quick scores in the third quarter, but they showed that they will fight until the end. The defense bent but never broke. This was a hard hitting but clean game by both teams. Rockcastle County does have things to work on going into district play, but I'm confident that the coaching staff will have the players ready come next week.
-
4A #7 Rockcastle County vs. 2A Somerset
For all the non-Rockcastle County fans, please know that not every single one of us Rock fans are as annoying as this dude. Do I think Rock will win? Yes. Do I think it will be a blowout? No. Am I going to give Somerset something to fuel their fire and say that they have no chance and should just not bother and come to the game? No. Unfortunately, there is one of these types of fans in every fans base as we all know who that fan is for Rockcastle.
-
Pulaski County 32 Rockcastle County 13
I am one of the biggest Rockcastle County fans that you will meet and I hate it when someone isn't humble in a loss or even in a win. Pulaski County played a better game than Rock did. Yes the Rockets held PC to negative total yards in the first half and zero first downs, but the adjustments that the Maroons coaching staff made during the lightning delay and then at the half are what proved that they are a better team overall than Rockcastle tonight. Could PC run the ball? No. They weren't their usual self in the passing game, but they did just enough to pull this one out unfortunately. Rockcastle simply shot themselves in the foot far too often tonight to be considered the better team and yes it REALLY pains me to say that. Too many costly turnovers and not being able to punch the ball in from the PC 1 right before the half is what killed the Rockets tonight. The worst team tonight however was the officiating crew that was easily the worst both ways that I have seen in ages. They gave both teams calls that probably shouldn't have been given and the official on Rockcastle's sideline could not keep the chain-gang in line at all. I am not saying that they cost Rockcastle the game, but they let things go for both teams that would have been called by a competent officiating crew. And let me end this post on a good note. I want to thank the good people in the awesome pressbox at PC for treating us with nothing but respect and telling me that they'd get mad if I didn't grab something to eat since they had catered taco salads for those who worked in the pressbox for either team. I know it wasn't the biggest spread, but it is always nice when those people behinds the scenes take care of you like they did tonight!
-
Rockcastle County 42 Garrard County 14
Correction on the first downs...Rockcastle County had 23.
-
Rockcastle County 42 Garrard County 14
Unofficial stats for the night Garrard County Passing: Connor Isaccs 2-8-2 31yds 1TD Rushing: Jacob Foley 20 for 66yds Joe Warren 6 for 57yds Isaccs 1 for -5yds Team 1 for 0yds Receiving: Warren 2 for 31yds and 1TD Rockcastle County Passing: Dakota Bishop 2-3-1 55yds 1TD Josh Thacker 1-1 10yds Rushing: Devon Robinson 14 for 64yds 3TDs Holdan Barnett 11 for 56yds 1TD Chayse McClure 8 for 55yds Dalton Rowe 4 for 24yds Jayden Payne 3 for 3yds Brent Lovell 1 for 31yds Blake King 1 for 17yds Justin Brown 1 for 15yds 1TD Zach Taylor 1 for 6yds Noah Prickett 1 for 5yds Receiving: Brent Lovell 1 for 34yds Michael Tomlinson 1 for 21yds 1TD Mathew Tomlinson 1 for 10yds Total yards Garrard County 149yds (118 rush and 31 pass) Rockcastle County 343yds (278 rush and 65 pass) First downs GC 8 Rock 12 Time of possession GC 22:22 Rock 25:38 Penalties GC 4 for 25yds Rock 5 for 45yds Turnovers GC 3 Rock 2
-
Garrard County @ Rockcastle County Predictions
Come by the pressbox and say howdy. First sno-cone is on me I will be in either a Montreal Canadiens or a Winnipeg Jets shirt with a Lexington Legends hat lol
-
Gallatin County 31 Bracken County 27
Either way as an outsider, I like the upside of this Bracken team. It seems like the coaching staff has started to build something and even though they lost this past week, the program is starting to be much much much more competitive instead of being blown out each week. How is the feeder system for the Polar Bears coming along for anyone in that area? I feel like the feeder program is where you build your high school teams and those younger teams should be running similar offensive and defensive schemes as the older teams so they will know what is expected of them once they get to the high school ranks. Both programs will be better in future years. These two teams are still fairly newer-ish programs and being will small number to pull from in the student body, it will take time to establish a consistent winner.
-
Harrison County 33 Montgomery County 20
I was at Harrison County's game with West Jessamine and looked at the remaining games on HC's schedule and predicted maybe 2 wins all season. I am surprised by this score as I was not impressed by HC in the game at WJ. The offensive line play was lackluster at best although they did have some talent on the edges. Either way, congrats to HC on the win this week and to the MC players and coaches...keep your head held high, brush this game off, and learn from the mistakes because if you dwell on the negative, nothing positive will come out of this result.
-
5A #10 Pulaski County at 4A Russell County
Pulaski by as many as they want. Coach Hines can name the score. Russell County seems to have improved a bit from last year, but I don't think it is enough to hang with the Maroons this Friday.
-
Scrimmage List
Just an update per a Facebook comment, Rockcastle County will be scrimmaging Montgomery County at their place on August 11 instead of McCreary Central at Perry Co. Central.
-
ATLCat is the Swami... Post Your Schedule and I Will Predict Your Season
Let's do the entire Class 4A Region 3 District 6 as the winner of this district has home field advantage through the first three rounds of the playoffs. Clay County Tigers Rowan County H Harlan County A Corbin H East Jessamine H West Jessamine A Wayne County A Knox Central H Rockcastle County H Russell County A South Laurel A Knox Central Panthers Madison Central A Waggener N Southwestern N Harlan County H Henry Clay A Russell County H Clay County A Wayne County H Rockcastle County A Corbin H Rockcastle County Rockets Bourbon County N South Laurel H Garrard County H Pulaski County A Somerset H Wayne County H Russell County A Clay County A Knox Central H Lincoln County A Russell County Lakers Green County H LaRue County A Casey County H Pulaski County H Adair County A Knox Central A Rockcastle County H Wayne County A Clay County H Hart County A Wayne County Cardinals Bryan Station N North Laurel N Perry County Central A Bell County H Mercer County H Clay County H Rockcastle County A Knox Central A Russell County H Monroe County A