Pulaski County 32 Rockcastle County 13

Jesse James

You get beat by 3tds but the better team lost? Lol

You can ask anyone who was at the game for a fair and unbiased assessment of the game. It was 6-0 at halftime. PC had zero first downs the entire first half. We came out flat to start the 3rd quarter and instead of mixing it up we done instead we keep running and punting the ball. Midway thru the 3rd we punt from our end zone and have a really good punt up around the 50 and jake Johnson makes us pay and takes it back for a touchdown and they miss the extra point and game is tied 6-6. Near the end of the 3rd quater on 4th down and 2 we have Johnson in the backfield for a loss of a few and he somehow squeezes between two of our guys and they go for 2 and don't get it so at the end of 3 it's 12-6 in favor of Pulaski. Now the last 8 mins of the 4th Quater i don't know of anyone who was at the game can give an fair and honest assistment of what the officials though they was doing. They had several poor penalties spaced through out the first 3 quarters but those last 8 mins were hard to watch. That 32-13 final was in no indication of Pulaski dominating the game because that was far from how it went and PC is in no shape 3 touchdowns better than we are. But in the end PC got more breaks and Lady Luck was on their side. Give one to the bad guys in the end only districts matter any way and this makes for a good learning experience and one that will make us better in the long run.

I am one of the biggest Rockcastle County fans that you will meet and I hate it when someone isn't humble in a loss or even in a win. Pulaski County played a better game than Rock did. Yes the Rockets held PC to negative total yards in the first half and zero first downs, but the adjustments that the Maroons coaching staff made during the lightning delay and then at the half are what proved that they are a better team overall than Rockcastle tonight.

Could PC run the ball? No. They weren't their usual self in the passing game, but they did just enough to pull this one out unfortunately. Rockcastle simply shot themselves in the foot far too often tonight to be considered the better team and yes it REALLY pains me to say that. Too many costly turnovers and not being able to punch the ball in from the PC 1 right before the half is what killed the Rockets tonight.

The worst team tonight however was the officiating crew that was easily the worst both ways that I have seen in ages. They gave both teams calls that probably shouldn't have been given and the official on Rockcastle's sideline could not keep the chain-gang in line at all. I am not saying that they cost Rockcastle the game, but they let things go for both teams that would have been called by a competent officiating crew.

And let me end this post on a good note. I want to thank the good people in the awesome pressbox at PC for treating us with nothing but respect and telling me that they'd get mad if I didn't grab something to eat since they had catered taco salads for those who worked in the pressbox for either team. I know it wasn't the biggest spread, but it is always nice when those people behinds the scenes take care of you like they did tonight!