4A #7 Rockcastle County vs. 2A Somerset

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Let's be honest here and call this game like it is.. This game has now become a statement game for Rockcastle. Every player and every fan has a bitter taste of defeat in their mouths and every player has said they feel as if they should have never lost last week and never once thought they would. This game can go one of two ways and I really only see it going one. Rockcastle has to put the Pulaski game in the rear view mirror and move on and forget about it other wise it could carry over and cost them another loss that they should win. Rock has to come out and play very aggressive as they have in every game on defense and hopefully they do the same on offense. These boys are only a few mental plays away from going from a really good team to playing in the regional championship game to go to state. They are hungry and have the desire to achieve great things. Im hoping they come out strong and put Somerset away quick. Lets face it no team is going to beat Rock by solely running the football. Our run defense is one thing that speaks for itself. Bourbon Co(-30 rushing) South Laurel(33) Garrard(119-running clock at halftime and JV played; negative yards for Foley at halftime) Pulaski(6 and was in negative at half; only had 150 total yards including passing. Those 6 even include using Jake Johnson in the wildcat.) Given how well we play against the run and that im sure somerset is going to try and incorporate Doan in beating us he will have to do so with his ability to pass if they are going to have any success. Given that somerset has 986 rushing yards and about half that passing I don't see them being able to beat Rock. They can line him up in the Wild cat or Wild Doan and we should be fine stopping the run portion as we did against the speed of Jake Johnson. I call this a statement game in which Rock's defense shows off and ends this game for a good solid win for Rock.

Rock 42

Somerset 21

Pulaski is easily the best team you have played this year, and you lost by 3 td's. And......... It's a down year for the Maroons. I think Somerset, would be a pick-em game with Pulaski this year. You guys haven't exactly played any real powerhouses this year. Don't look at Somerset and think because the are 2A, that they can't beat you.

I believe the game is at your place. So that is to your advantage. But I do see a close game.

Let's be honest here and call this game like it is.. This game has now become a statement game for Rockcastle. Every player and every fan has a bitter taste of defeat in their mouths and every player has said they feel as if they should have never lost last week and never once thought they would. This game can go one of two ways and I really only see it going one. Rockcastle has to put the Pulaski game in the rear view mirror and move on and forget about it other wise it could carry over and cost them another loss that they should win. Rock has to come out and play very aggressive as they have in every game on defense and hopefully they do the same on offense. These boys are only a few mental plays away from going from a really good team to playing in the regional championship game to go to state. They are hungry and have the desire to achieve great things. Im hoping they come out strong and put Somerset away quick. Lets face it no team is going to beat Rock by solely running the football. Our run defense is one thing that speaks for itself. Bourbon Co(-30 rushing) South Laurel(33) Garrard(119-running clock at halftime and JV played; negative yards for Foley at halftime) Pulaski(6 and was in negative at half; only had 150 total yards including passing. Those 6 even include using Jake Johnson in the wildcat.) Given how well we play against the run and that im sure somerset is going to try and incorporate Doan in beating us he will have to do so with his ability to pass if they are going to have any success. Given that somerset has 986 rushing yards and about half that passing I don't see them being able to beat Rock. They can line him up in the Wild cat or Wild Doan and we should be fine stopping the run portion as we did against the speed of Jake Johnson. I call this a statement game in which Rock's defense shows off and ends this game for a good solid win for Rock.

Rock 42

Somerset 21

Rock is big, physical, runs well and they are good at what they do. My only prayer is that Somerset just scores maybe once and everybody stays healthy. Somerset may give up more than 42 against a team that is as versatile as Rock and dynamic offensively. With posts like this I can't see any way Somerset competes.

In all seriousness Its going to be a good game between two good football teams so don't post this pipe dream garbage that they're 3 TD's better than a good Somerset team with one loss to a perennial NKY small school power. Looking forward to Friday.

Edited by JumperPride1

Everyone is taking my statement entirely the wrong way. I'm not saying Somerset isn't good and Jordan doan is and will be the best running back that we have played yet and should be the best running back we see the remainder of the regular season. What I am saying is that this should be the worst opportune time that Somerset could play us. Our players should be fired up and angry since they all have took the Pulaski county loss really hard they felt they were the better team and they done everything the way they needed in order to win with the exceptions of mental mistakes that lead to them turning the ball over more times then they could. They play extremely well on defense and that's this team anchor if they can turn Somerset over they can control this game an win by the score I predicted and they should come out playing hard and physical as always and win this game

I don't think his ribs were broken but I don't know if he'll be back for this one or not.

If he doesn't play they will still be fine because with down throwing out of that wild rabbit formation makes Somerset hard to defend plus the other QB was solid as well.