Rockcastle County 26 Somerset 20

Randy Parker

Last week, it was Rockcastle's opponent that made the necessary changes at halftime to come back and pull out the win.

This week it was Rockcastle that made the necessary changes at halftime.

Before specific Rockcastle fan gets on here, I will admit that Somerset gave this game away. Yes Rockcastle County did a fantastic job of not rolling over and giving up, but when you turn the ball over that many times late in the game that lead directly to points being scores then you can say that the game was given away.

I'm super impressed with the Cornette brothers and Doan as well. Those boys can play.

The thing that impressed me the most was after the game was over and Somerset's #12 came over to personally check on the injured Rockcastle County player. That kid showed a lot of class in doing that.

Now for Rockcastle County. This team showed a lot of heart and could have easily given up on the gave when Somerset went up 20-0 after two quick scores in the third quarter, but they showed that they will fight until the end. The defense bent but never broke. This was a hard hitting but clean game by both teams. Rockcastle County does have things to work on going into district play, but I'm confident that the coaching staff will have the players ready come next week.

Last week, it was Rockcastle's opponent that made the necessary changes at halftime to come back and pull out the win.

This week it was Rockcastle that made the necessary changes at halftime.

Before specific Rockcastle fan gets on here, I will admit that Somerset gave this game away. Yes Rockcastle County did a fantastic job of not rolling over and giving up, but when you turn the ball over that many times late in the game that lead directly to points being scores then you can say that the game was given away.

I'm super impressed with the Cornette brothers and Doan as well. Those boys can play.

The thing that impressed me the most was after the game was over and Somerset's #12 came over to personally check on the injured Rockcastle County player. That kid showed a lot of class in doing that.

Now for Rockcastle County. This team showed a lot of heart and could have easily given up on the gave when Somerset went up 20-0 after two quick scores in the third quarter, but they showed that they will fight until the end. The defense bent but never broke. This was a hard hitting but clean game by both teams. Rockcastle County does have things to work on going into district play, but I'm confident that the coaching staff will have the players ready come next week.

I agree but want to add that Rock gave away scores against PC and Somerset as well. It wasn't as if both teams dominated and Rock simply lucked into a win. Rock is a legit district contender in one of the toughest districts in the mountains, if not the state.