Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 in 4A is...

Featured Replies

Franklin-Simpson knocked off defending 4A state champ South Warren 30-24 while gaining over 400 yards on the vaunted Spartan defense. Johnson Central keeps rolling along with a 56-0 beating of Boyd Co. They are the last 2 undefeateds in 4A. Which team deserves to be ranked #1? FS has quality, albeit close wins over Greenwood, Caldwell Co., and South Warren. JC has one good, not close win over Lexington Catholic and 2 wins against highly ranked West Virginia teams. What say you?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say they are both very good teams deserving of the #1 ranking depending on the criteria the voter chooses to use

Johnson Central.

 

Make that two.

Johnson Central.

 

And I'm voting purely on a gut feeling. Something tells me that Johnson Central gets it done this year.

And I'm voting purely on a gut feeling. Something tells me that Johnson Central gets it done this year.

 

Same here. It just feels like a JC year this year for some reason.

Johnson Central. Capital defeated Huntington High tonight 38-17. JC beat Capital easily. Right now JC is the best in 4A until proven otherwise. The Golden Eagles cant help the weak district they are in and wont be tested until Belfry.

I never have been and never will be a fan of Coach Matney, BUT with that having been said, I want as many state titles to come back to the mountains as possible so if that means Johnson Central wins over either Franklin-Simpson or South Warren then so be it. Of course I want my team to win the 4A title, but I will also be happy if a mountain school wins it. It's the same way with the SEC and any sport...if UK doesn't win a national title I will root for the SEC school that makes it to the title game.

this SW team reminds me of Belfry a couple of years ago with all the injuries during the season and then got healthy for playoffs and was a different team in playoffs .fyi SW was winning and controling this game until litten was injured this time a broken rib from an awkward fall if he stays in SW wins easily imo .so cant wait for playoffs

Right now, I see it as clearly Johnson Central. Each team has three good wins and Johnson Central's margin of victory in their three wins are by much wider margins.

Johnson Central...ugh that hurt me to say. I'm gonna a go throw up now.

Franklin Simpson should be #1. The stars are lined up in their favor. After watching the Greenwood and South Warren games, I'm a believer! They should have lost both of those games, but somehow, they won both of them. My money's on the Wildcats.

this SW team reminds me of Belfry a couple of years ago with all the injuries during the season and then got healthy for playoffs and was a different team in playoffs .fyi SW was winning and controling this game until litten was injured this time a broken rib from an awkward fall if he stays in SW wins easily imo .so cant wait for playoffs

 

Spin,

I watched the same game and neither team could say they dominated at any part. Good hard fought game by both. SW didn't move the ball in the second half w/Litten in there and when he went out nothing changed. I'm not taking anything away from Litten, he's a difference maker and I hope he's better soon. Both teams are great and I fully expect to see them in the end.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.