#1 in 4A is...

FSfan

Franklin-Simpson knocked off defending 4A state champ South Warren 30-24 while gaining over 400 yards on the vaunted Spartan defense. Johnson Central keeps rolling along with a 56-0 beating of Boyd Co. They are the last 2 undefeateds in 4A. Which team deserves to be ranked #1? FS has quality, albeit close wins over Greenwood, Caldwell Co., and South Warren. JC has one good, not close win over Lexington Catholic and 2 wins against highly ranked West Virginia teams. What say you?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never have been and never will be a fan of Coach Matney, BUT with that having been said, I want as many state titles to come back to the mountains as possible so if that means Johnson Central wins over either Franklin-Simpson or South Warren then so be it. Of course I want my team to win the 4A title, but I will also be happy if a mountain school wins it. It's the same way with the SEC and any sport...if UK doesn't win a national title I will root for the SEC school that makes it to the title game.

this SW team reminds me of Belfry a couple of years ago with all the injuries during the season and then got healthy for playoffs and was a different team in playoffs .fyi SW was winning and controling this game until litten was injured this time a broken rib from an awkward fall if he stays in SW wins easily imo .so cant wait for playoffs

this SW team reminds me of Belfry a couple of years ago with all the injuries during the season and then got healthy for playoffs and was a different team in playoffs .fyi SW was winning and controling this game until litten was injured this time a broken rib from an awkward fall if he stays in SW wins easily imo .so cant wait for playoffs

Spin,

I watched the same game and neither team could say they dominated at any part. Good hard fought game by both. SW didn't move the ball in the second half w/Litten in there and when he went out nothing changed. I'm not taking anything away from Litten, he's a difference maker and I hope he's better soon. Both teams are great and I fully expect to see them in the end.