#1 in 4A is...

FSfan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spin,

I watched the same game and neither team could say they dominated at any part. Good hard fought game by both. SW didn't move the ball in the second half w/Litten in there and when he went out nothing changed. I'm not taking anything away from Litten, he's a difference maker and I hope he's better soon. Both teams are great and I fully expect to see them in the end.

nothing changed are you crazy 4turnovers 20 yards of offence compared to 300 in first 2quaters and a series now that's a spin NOTHING CHANGED WOW what are you smoking .

While John Hardin is by no means #1 at this point, I am starting to like what I see. Although their defense wasn't as sharp as they should have been last night, their QB was 10-12 with a couple of TD passes. They have the RBs, FBs and receivers, but they need their O-Line and QB to keep improving and I think they will be a force at the end of the season. I am not so sure SW will win easily if they see each other after Thanksgiving.

Spin,

I watched the same game and neither team could say they dominated at any part. Good hard fought game by both. SW didn't move the ball in the second half w/Litten in there and when he went out nothing changed. I'm not taking anything away from Litten, he's a difference maker and I hope he's better soon. Both teams are great and I fully expect to see them in the end.

Litten was in for one series rushed for 40 yards on the ground .Broke a rib at the 6 settled for FG.after SW first two series FS did not keep them from scoring in four straight drives you right SW couldn't move the ball with Litten in.

Don't sleep on Hopkinsville...This team has speed every where, one of the best Athletes in the state at QB, and a solid defense. Only loss coming to Christisn County. Saw SW scrimmage County early(I know it was just a scrimmage) and wasn't impressed. Hopkinsville is a serious threat to be the best team in 4A...Only problem is wont find out until the play offs

nothing changed are you crazy 4turnovers 20 yards of offence compared to 300 in first 2quaters and a series now that's a spin NOTHING CHANGED WOW what are you smoking .

Spin, Litten went out at the beginning of the 4th and you hadn't moved it in the 3rd. So, you didn't move it in the 4th when Litten went out. NOTHING CHANGED!! He's a great athlete but y'all got beat not because he went out, but because Franklin made plays when they needed to. Turnovers were caused by a GREAT defense also. You only had 287 yards for the game. I hope we can all get together and do it again in November at FS Field.

IMO, Hopkinsville can not play with either of these teams.

Based on what? Hoptown should have beat em last year. Had a tourover inside the 5 last year the only reason they lost.. I've seen SW up close and I think Hoptown is the better team. I might give FS a little advantage at this point but not by much.. Hoptown has about 5/6 kids who can play at mid college level.

While John Hardin is by no means #1 at this point, I am starting to like what I see. Although their defense wasn't as sharp as they should have been last night, their QB was 10-12 with a couple of TD passes. They have the RBs, FBs and receivers, but they need their O-Line and QB to keep improving and I think they will be a force at the end of the season. I am not so sure SW will win easily if they see each other after Thanksgiving.

In addition it looks like coach Lewis has made some difficult decisions about some attitudes and position changes...most fans have been screaming for 25 to get more touches.

OK I started this thread so I might as well give my (biased) opinion. I think FS is #1 right now. "To be the man, you've got to beat the man." FS just beat the champs. Now that doesn't mean Johnson Central won't win it all, so could Wayne, JH, Hoptown, South Warren (if they can get healthy) FS or maybe even a dark horse. I will plead ignorance on the strength of the WV teams JC has beaten. I don't know if WV football compares to KY football. But right now, FS is undefeated, they beat SW, last night FS showed it can throw the ball against a good defense that had stopped the running game. FS defense gave up 4 good plays last night-2 big passes to Hayes, the first TD pass which should have been a 15 yard gain but the receiver broke a couple of tackles, and Litten's good run. Only team that has run well against FS was Greenwood and that was when FS was tired in the 4th quarter playing against an offense who had nobody playing defense.

But really it all comes down to this: I heard someone say that the late coach James "Shadetree" Mathews, after FS had won one of its state titles, said about ratings-"They can hang their hat on those rankings, I will hang my hat on this trophy."

May the best team win.

Franklin Simpson!!!!! Not even close

Please keep telling your self that! If you honestly believe this I have some ocean front property for sale!

I'm also pretty sure JCHS will have a little something to say about that.

Edited by Turfwars
Bad grammer

In addition it looks like coach Lewis has made some difficult decisions about some attitudes and position changes...most fans have been screaming for 25 to get more touches.

The kid is a beast. He looks like he got a lot bigger from last year. And he is only a Junior.