Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region Tournament Officials Swap

Featured Replies

Really????

 

Two at Campbell Co, one at Scott.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two at Campbell Co, one at Scott.

 

Was Holmes playing? Over all I think our association has some great officials. Was surprised to see you post otherwise.

Was Holmes playing? Over all I think our association has some great officials. Was surprised to see you post otherwise.

 

I'm not saying they don't have good officials...I was just saying the worst officiated games I've seen have come in those gyms and coaches have agreed with my opinion on those games. 10th region officials allow it to get much more physical than 9th region officials will.

 

As far as your question: Dixie at Campbell, Holmes at Campbell, Covcath at Scott were the three games I was referring to.

I'm not saying they don't have good officials...I was just saying the worst officiated games I've seen have come in those gyms and coaches have agreed with my opinion on those games. 10th region officials allow it to get much more physical than 9th region officials will.

As far as your question: Dixie at Campbell, Holmes at Campbell, Covcath at Scott were the three games I was referring to.

 

Yes they will, but that doesn't mean they have called a bad game.

The BBA officials will work the 8th and 13th regions this year.

The 10th region will have 6th region officials and the 11th gets the 16th region folks.

You are correct. What everyone needs to realize is that each group of region officials are going to be the best officials each region has to offer. Now if those officials don't do a decent job (not everyone will like them) then can you imagine what the rest of the officials in that particular region are like?

Besides the top 3 or so officials the only thing the 8th region officials are consistent at is being inconsistent. Over the past couple seasons they have been very subpar. I have seen quite a few poorly officiated games.

It's a running joke with us. We know when we leave our region we will have a hard time with the refs. They know the other players, style of the game and the coaches. Same when someone comes a knocking from another region to our door. They will probably leave unhappy.

The BBA officials will work the 8th and 13th regions this year.

The 10th region will have 6th region officials and the 11th gets the 16th region folks.

 

I hope the 16th sends all the ones with teeth.

The BBA officials will work the 8th and 13th regions this year.

The 10th region will have 6th region officials and the 11th gets the 16th region folks.

 

Thanks. Any info on the 6th region refs?

I hope the 16th sends all the ones with teeth.

 

:clap: :laugh: :isurrender: Im done on this one..

Thanks. Any info on the 6th region refs?

 

I've got nothing. Sorry.

I can tell you this though; there milage check will be more than their game check! Louisville to Maysville is not a short/easy trip!

TOG brings up an interesting point. All officials are supposed to be applying the same rulebook. Which leads me to this...why do we have officials "assigned" to one specific region in the first place? I mean, if an official is close enough (and has no ties) to work the Boone County/Ryle game in Union, why couldn't he (or she) work the Simon Kenton/Walton-Verona game in Walton two days later? I'd think you could have officials that do games in Oldham or Shelby County go into Louisville (and vice versa) a whole lot easier than they could make the trip to Independence.

 

But, as it stands right now, even though there's the same rulebook, it seems certain regions "interpret" it in certain ways. And whether right or wrong, I do think it can be difficult for kids to adjust in those first round games...because what was/wasn't a foul for the entire regular season, now sudden isn't/is.

 

Another thing is that officials can only work for one assoc within the state (guys can work for both KY & OH at the same time). That region is affiliated with a certain region (or 2 in some cases) to cover their game. Its rare that we see officials work games in other regions during the year because there are different assignors who handle those regions. Not saying it doesn't happen but just not that often.

I know for the 9th region officials, the hand check was a point of emphasis this year. I personally talked to referees from the Lexington Region (not sure what the number is) and the 10th region and none of the referees stated that the hand check was made a point of emphasis to them and they had heard that the 9th region's games were called tighter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.