Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region...Who has the bragging rights?

Featured Replies

Ok we saw CCH play Holmes and got a look at CCH vs NCC. So who is the best at this point in time?

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do know that CovCath is a little better than NewCath at Ice Hockey, but the jury is still out with the final verdict regarding basketball.

 

I do think it's safe to say that CovCath is firmly now viewed as worthy of a Number 1 nod in the region as the two teams that held that distinction when the season began.

 

This is most certainly not a two team region this year.

 

Probably on any given night one of the top 3 could eke out a victory on one another.

 

Although CovCath beat Holmes in pretty good statement form, it might be too much to ask for them to have that high percentage of shooting again, and perhaps their next battle would be a little closer.

 

3 teams pretty darn close with Dixie coming around to nip at their heels. Never count St. Henry or Cooper out either, but ultimately CovCath, NewCath, and Holmes are the class of the region this year in the 9th.

  • Author

I wouldn't put much credibility in a game completion either. To suit up and play 16 minutes is not really a ball game, I would rather see them not finish. I was very impressed with both NCC and CCH to be honest with you.

 

My take, NCC and CCH share the top spot with Holmes not too far behind. I think the loss Holmes had to CCH has opened their eyes and you already see them working on some short comings. Dixie appears to be a distant 4th but with a player like Hatton anything is possible. Good luck to all and we should be in for a fantastic Regional tourney regardless of who is number 1.

I wouldn't put much credibility in a game completion either. To suit up and play 16 minutes is not really a ball game, I would rather see them not finish. I was very impressed with both NCC and CCH to be honest with you.

 

My take, NCC and CCH share the top spot with Holmes not too far behind. I think the loss Holmes had to CCH has opened their eyes and you already see them working on some short comings. Dixie appears to be a distant 4th but with a player like Hatton anything is possible. Good luck to all and we should be in for a fantastic Regional tourney regardless of who is number 1.

 

Agreed. Would love to see a preview doubleheader on Feb. 14th at the BOK like has been rumored.

Here's what we know. CCH is AS GOOD as anyone in the 9th.

CCH is as good as anyone in the 9th is saying as Cooper, St Henry,Dixie, Etc. is as good in the 9th. To have a team shoot 70% to beat Holmes is game changer in the 9th is a joke . If Cooper shoots 70% against CCH they would win. I don't see your point based on that game Clyde or the nonconclusion of NCC game based on 16 min.

CCH is as good as anyone in the 9th is saying as Cooper, St Henry,Dixie, Etc. is as good in the 9th. To have a team shoot 70% to beat Holmes is game changer in the 9th is a joke . If Cooper shoots 70% against CCH they would win. I don't see your point based on that game Clyde or the nonconclusion of NCC game based on 16 min.

 

Before I respond were you at the Holmes/CCH game?

No I was not but that should not should not determine the fate on your comment. Have you ever seen a team Top 3 Teams (college,pros ,Etc.) shoot 70% and lose ,if there is tell that game and I will eat crow!

No I was not but that should not should not determine the fate on your comment. Have you ever seen a team Top 3 Teams (college,pros ,Etc.) shoot 70% and lose ,if there is tell that game and I will eat crow!

 

You weren't there so I fully get why you think that 70% made it seem like CCH had to play an extraordinary game to win. It's not that they shot 70%. Had they shot 70% taking a lot of 15 to 20 footers THEN you say "they can't do that again." CCH didn't. They were 2/10 from 3 if I remember correctly. CCH KILLED the Holmes D. Ruthsatz got everyone really good shots - not difficult shots - really good shots. That is why they made 70% and that's why you can't use the "they won't shoot 70% again" logic.

 

CCH GOT easy shots.

 

CCH also showed last night in one half that they are as good as NCC.

 

My post said they were AS GOOD as those two. Those two CAN beat CCH.

 

Cooper and the other teams you mention aren't getting the shots that CCH got so that's why your logic IMO is faulty.

 

I've always said that if you're not there and all you can use to judge is a binary measure or look at a stat then you're flying blind.

He sure told you Clyde. :lol2:

 

No sweat. As I said if that's all I had to go by (as in I didn't see the actual game) then I might make the same false assumption.

CCH is as good as anyone in the 9th is saying as Cooper, St Henry,Dixie, Etc. is as good in the 9th. To have a team shoot 70% to beat Holmes is game changer in the 9th is a joke . If Cooper shoots 70% against CCH they would win. I don't see your point based on that game Clyde or the nonconclusion of NCC game based on 16 min.

 

As Clyde said did you attend the game, did you see the shot CovCath took?

 

Oh BTW no one so far has shot 70% vs CovCath as their "D' is far too good. In the twelve games played so far CovCath has given up an average of

 

Given up an average of 49.2 points a game to the opposition

Opposition has averaged FG% of 39.4%

Opposition has averaged 3pt% 34.2%

Opposition has averaged FT% 60.0%

 

BTW CovCath beat St. Henry by a score of 72-37 and St. Henry Shooting percentages were FG 25%- 3pt 25% and FT 58%

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl63, width: 55]

[/TD]

[TD=class: xl63, width: 53]

[/TD]

[TD=class: xl63, width: 54][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So if I am correct in your analysis if CCH doesn,t shoot 70% and Ruthsath doesn't or does put them in that 70% range they would win, based on a number of missed 3's and good looks to the basket. I get that but don't having that 70% make a game changer and just a luck of a good things going your way on a giving night.If you put defensive lapses and Beatle having his moments of ref rage at times I do believe it will be a different next match up. Listened to CCH Radio if that helps you.

So if I am correct in your analysis if CCH doesn,t shoot 70% and Ruthsath doesn't or does put them in that 70% range they would win, based on a number of missed 3's and good looks to the basket. I get that but don't having that 70% make a game changer and just a luck of a good things going your way on a giving night.If you put defensive lapses and Beatle having his moments of ref rage at times I do believe it will be a different next match up. Listened to CCH Radio if that helps you.

 

Sure it could be different next time.

 

Your understanding of my analysis is incorrect. I'm saying they can do it again. They can get those shots again and have a great shot of making them and winning. I'm not saying they win if they don't play well. That would be absurd.

 

It's really simple: CCH didn't do anything in this game that they can't do again. Clear?

Loud and clear. The End.:isurrender:wave:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.