Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region...Who has the bragging rights?

Featured Replies

CCH game plan against Holmes was to basically cherry pick and try to get easy points in transition because they saw on film that Holmes doesn't get back on D right away. It worked so credit to Covcath for having a good game plan and executing against what Holmes gave them. I'll guarantee (quote me if you like) it doesn't happen twice. They have given up more than 60 pts just 3 times this year. (All losses)

 

Covcath owns the bragging rights right now and are my #1 team in the region but all 3 teams are even IMO.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCH game plan against Holmes was to basically cherry pick and try to get easy points in transition because they saw on film that Holmes doesn't get back on D right away. It worked so credit to Covcath for having a good game plan and executing against what Holmes gave them. I'll guarantee (quote me if you like) it doesn't happen twice. They have given up more than 60 pts just 3 times this year. (All losses)

 

Covcath owns the bragging rights right now and are my #1 team in the region but all 3 teams are even IMO.

 

So that people don't take Walter's word for it and assume CCH got nothing but "cherry picking layups" all night I went back and watched the video he posted.

 

They had a grand total of 5 buckets off of an outlet pass.

They had one bucket on a breakaway when CVH picked Bolden at the top of the key and went fullcourt.

They had 26 baskets in the halfcourt offense when Holmes was back in full defense.

CCH game plan against Holmes was to basically cherry pick and try to get easy points in transition because they saw on film that Holmes doesn't get back on D right away. It worked so credit to Covcath for having a good game plan and executing against what Holmes gave them. I'll guarantee (quote me if you like) it doesn't happen twice. They have given up more than 60 pts just 3 times this year. (All losses)

 

Covcath owns the bragging rights right now and are my #1 team in the region but all 3 teams are even IMO.

 

As they were before the games this week and IMO still are! :thumb:

As they were before the games this week and IMO still are! :thumb:

 

There was no clear #1 before games this week. And seeing as the CCH/NCC game was only half completed, we learned some but not much.

 

And for the record I would have CCH #1 right now due to their 1-0 record against NCC and Holmes. Holmes is 0-1 and NCC is 0-0 in that group.

Ruthsatz is an even better coach than I thought... and I was very high on him before... because man-for-man the talent on the CovCath team individually is less than both Holmes and NCC (and I don't mean that as a slam against CCH... they have great talent). Yet, as a team, they are so in sync! Coach Ruthsatz has really gotten those boys to buy in and do what they need to do. Impressive.

1. CovCath

2. NewCath

3. Holmes

 

After these three I still say there is a major drop off. One of these three will win the 9th...

1. CovCath

2. NewCath

3. Holmes

 

After these three I still say there is a major drop off. One of these three will win the 9th...

 

I disagree. Talk is free and cheap and opinions are like... well, you know. We will see how it plays out. You have already been WRONG with your assessment once this year.

I disagree. Talk is free and cheap and opinions are like... well, you know. We will see how it plays out. You have already been WRONG with your assessment once this year.

 

So are you saying Tiger1 top three are incorrect or his statement at the end, just curious?

I disagree. Talk is free and cheap and opinions are like... well, you know. We will see how it plays out. You have already been WRONG with your assessment once this year.

 

Say what you want, but I will GUARANTEE you Dixie won't come close to winning the regional.

Say what you want, but I will GUARANTEE you Dixie won't come close to winning the regional.

 

Did I say anything about Dixie?

 

And at the beginning of the season I remember you saying there "was a big drop-off" after NCC and Holmes... funny.

Who has Cov Cath brought back from last year? I was at the Toyota Classic last year and seemed to have a good squad.

As of today I don't see how anybody can say CCH isn't the best team in the 9th. You're making excuses for the other teams if you say otherwise.

 

 

I hope Dixie wins the 9th.

Did I say anything about Dixie?

 

And at the beginning of the season I remember you saying there "was a big drop-off" after NCC and Holmes... funny.

 

You are right I did say that and only had CovCath at #3. CCH has been really impressive and are deserving of being #1 right now, so that's why I added them to my very short list.

[/b]

 

You are right I did say that and only had CovCath at #3. CCH has been really impressive and are deserving of being #1 right now, so that's why I added them to my very short list.

 

And at the end of the season I will employ your "wishy-washy" stance and revise my stance if things don't follow my initial script... funny joke.

 

Or, if things don't fall your way again will you change your stance again? You make these BOLD, CERTAIN statements and then have to back-peddle... hilarious!

So that people don't take Walter's word for it and assume CCH got nothing but "cherry picking layups" all night I went back and watched the video he posted.

 

They had a grand total of 5 buckets off of an outlet pass.

They had one bucket on a breakaway when CVH picked Bolden at the top of the key and went fullcourt.

They had 26 baskets in the halfcourt offense when Holmes was back in full defense.

 

Please point out where I said all they got was cherry picking lay ups.

 

I simply said they wanted to try to get easy points in transition. Did they not try to push the tempo and get easy buckets in transition off corner jumpers from Holmes not getting back quick enough??? Covcath haf a great game plan. I'm not taking anything away from them. I simply guaranteed they won't shoot 70% next time and score 87.

 

And for the record...a CCH dad is where I got the wording for my post about the gameplan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.