Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region...Who has the bragging rights?

Featured Replies

The new Lit ranking are out and 3 teams from the Ninth Region are in the top 6! :dancingpa

 

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2, colspan: 2]Top 20 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]1.Ballard (14-4)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]103.6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]2.Scott County (14-2)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]101.2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]3.Covington Catholic (12-0)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]100.6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]4.Newport Catholic (11-3)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]97.2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]5.Trinity (11-2)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]96.9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]6.Holmes (12-3)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

Link

 

I love the 9th getting some respect!

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not sure if would be fiscally possible for either Dixie or New Cath. New Cath would be giving up a guaranteed sell out. Our thoughts were strictly from a fan's perspective. I'm sure there would be other schools stating if this happened, they could be gaining an unfair advantage to getting a game on the BOK floor before the 9th region tourney. i know this wont happen, but it would be a lot of fun if it did.

 

The Dixie v CovCath game is at CovCath this year.

The Dixie v CovCath game is at CovCath this year.

 

My fault.

 

Same question. Why give up the gate?

My fault.

 

Same question. Why give up the gate?

 

My only question is will it be safe or not for the players to play the game there?

 

When I told my son that some are hoping for the game to be played at the BOK he emphatically said, "No!" He wants to play at CovCath and have that experience to remember the rest of his life.

 

I personally love games at CovCath, but I worry about players getting hurt on a potentially wet floor in the middle of February in an overpacked house.

My fault.

 

Same question. Why give up the gate?

 

Because they got a very nice gate for a game that didn't get finished. :clap:

I have a feeling the revenue would go to NKU/BOKC.

 

Since they are NewCath & CovCath home games, if their is any financial payoff, I would think these two schools "reap the reward". Say you get 5000 (which isn't out of the realm of possibility) at $8.00 = $40,000. NewCath & CovCath split 50% of the gate or guaranteed $10,000 and NKU gets the rest, plus parking and concessions...........It's a WIN-WIN for all parties.

  • Author

5,000 fans is still pretty aggressive. I heard 400 or so got turned away at CCH and maybe a 100 or so from Holmes. Students don't travel to BOK very well, especial at 8 bucks a throw.

5,000 fans is still pretty aggressive. I heard 400 or so got turned away at CCH and maybe a 100 or so from Holmes. Students don't travel to BOK very well, especial at 8 bucks a throw.

 

You make great points, I guess we will see. However...........

 

While some schools can't even get students to show up for $3.00 a "pop", there are quite a few that would plunk down 8 chops for this "war on the hardwood" by the 9th Region heavyweights.

 

I would think you would get plenty fans that would be happy that they don't have to arrive 90 minutes before the game just to get a seat, search for a parking spot, and have a comfortable seat to enjoy the game.

They need to turn the air on and they will be ok

My only question is will it be safe or not for the players to play the game there?

 

When I told my son that some are hoping for the game to be played at the BOK he emphatically said, "No!" He wants to play at CovCath and have that experience to remember the rest of his life.

 

I personally love games at CovCath, but I worry about players getting hurt on a potentially wet floor in the middle of February in an overpacked house.

I heard from a varsity coach today at the gym that Covcath-Dixie at BOKC as apart of a Newcath/Holmes double header is a bigger possibility that some realize.

 

Someone at NKU who is very well connected to not only the basketball team but also the university is telling people that it is going to end up happening. Just the messenger here but definetly thought it was worth mentioning.

I heard from a varsity coach today at the gym that Covcath-Dixie at BOKC as apart of a Newcath/Holmes double header is a bigger possibility that some realize.

 

Someone at NKU who is very well connected to not only the basketball team but also the university is telling people that it is going to end up happening. Just the messenger here but definetly thought it was worth mentioning.

 

The top 4 teams in NKY on the same night, at the same venue...........how can this NOT make sense.

 

No better way to spend Valentine's Day with your "significant other". :up::D

The Dixie v CovCath game is at CovCath this year.

 

My fault.

 

Same question. Why give up the gate?

 

I completely overlooked the game being at CCH as well. For some reason I was thinking it was at the Heights. Guess getting a DH delegate to accompany Mr. Detzel to NKU wouldn't be of any use.

 

I heard from a varsity coach today at the gym that Covcath-Dixie at BOKC as apart of a Newcath/Holmes double header is a bigger possibility that some realize.

 

Someone at NKU who is very well connected to not only the basketball team but also the university is telling people that it is going to end up happening. Just the messenger here but definetly thought it was worth mentioning.

 

Hopefully that varsity coach and NKU person are correct because I think it would be a great, great atmosphere.

 

The top 4 teams in NKY on the same night, at the same venue...........how can this NOT make sense.

 

No better way to spend Valentine's Day with your "significant other". :up::D

 

As I don't have a significant other it doesn't matter to me what day its on. :lol2:

The new Lit ranking are out and 3 teams from the Ninth Region are in the top 6! :dancingpa

 

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2, colspan: 2]Top 20 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]1.Ballard (14-4)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]103.6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]2.Scott County (14-2)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]101.2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]3.Covington Catholic (12-0)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]100.6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]4.Newport Catholic (11-3)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]97.2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]5.Trinity (11-2)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]96.9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]6.Holmes (12-3)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

Link

Good info. Those 3 combined are easily the highest 3 from any region.

I heard from a varsity coach today at the gym that Covcath-Dixie at BOKC as apart of a Newcath/Holmes double header is a bigger possibility that some realize.

 

Someone at NKU who is very well connected to not only the basketball team but also the university is telling people that it is going to end up happening. Just the messenger here but definetly thought it was worth mentioning.

god I hope not.

Lets see $8.00 to get in plus $5.00 park

No thanks

god I hope not.

Lets see $8.00 to get in plus $5.00 park

No thanks

 

Considering you would pay $6.00 for one game, $13 for two is not bad. Plus there is plenty of FREE parking if you no where to find it. :sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.