Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region...Who has the bragging rights?

Featured Replies

  • Author

Why would anyone unseat NCC from the top if they haven't lost yet in 9th? Did they look vulnerable against CCH? Has CCH proven itself to be stronger than you originally thought?

 

Somebody breakdown the NCC/CCH match ups. Was it surprising CCH won the battle of the boards? Why does anyone criticise MacDonald for shooting from outside, he is money.

 

What would NCC change next time out. I say nothing. NCC has faded in the second half in big games this season, were they in trouble due to depth in the contest with CCH.

 

I still say:

 

1) CCH/NCC

3) Holmes

4) Dixie

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit puzzled why there'd be much hair splitting on this, but to join in, I'll split it even further.

 

It's pretty plain to see that there's 3 fairly evenly matched strong teams in the 9th worthy of being in the discussion of Top 10 in the state, with a few others that are decently competitive enough to perhaps keep things interesting for a while when facing those 3 top teams, but haven't proved themselves consistent or worthy enough to be considered the cream of the crop, like the top 3 have.

 

Early season games between Dixie/NewCath or CovCath/St. Henry now don't hold too much weight when assessing how much closer those games would be played out now, but no doubt NewCath and CovCath would still be highly considered the favorites if those games took place today.

 

Not too long ago Dixie hung around pretty decently with Holmes for awhile only to run out of steam by game's end, showing that they've come along way since early season showings.

 

Dixie played St. Henry tight in the first half only to dismantle them in the 2nd half, showing the somewhat sharp division between 4 and 5(6) depending on how you look at it.

 

St. Henry is starting to shape up a bit since they were destroyed early on by CovCath.

 

Cooper... I can't figure just yet, sometimes they look to deserve to be in the 2nd bunch, sometimes the 3rd.

 

Boone, Ryle, and Highlands can certainly play with 4-6, but would likely be pounced by 1-3.

 

Newport sorta sits alone, or with Conner in the "better than the rest", but perhaps sits more closely associated with Ludlow and Holy Cross, but could handle 4-6 better than maybe Ludlow or Holy Cross might, depending on what phase the moon is in on a given night.

 

Lloyd, Beechwood, Bellevue, Villa are perhaps in a cluster of their own.

 

Dayton is better than the worst, but can't really compete with anyone else.

 

Latin, Heritage, and The Little Sisters of the Poor are in a similar league together to round out the 9th.

 

Ultimately, if I was a betting man, it's a 3 team race mainly, and very much for the most part.

Please point out where I said all they got was cherry picking lay ups.

 

.

 

You said their gameplan was to basically cherry pick and get easy points. If that was true then give Holmes credit for shutting down said gameplan. They had a grand total of 5 breakouts.

Now I'm going to join the "fray". I know my opinions here are going to "upset" the applecart but here goes:

 

CovCath top to bottom IMO has the best "team", bar none, from the games I've seen. They don't miss a beat when subbing.

 

Holmes is a two man team, and if you think otherwise your kidding yourself. Key to beating Holmes, let Bolden get his, and keep Chames off the offensive glass. Other than that no one else is a real threat to score.

 

NewCath goes 7 strong, and all this talk of their players being tired, winded, fatigued, etc.....is BULL. The conditioning they go through has them prepared to play 32 minutes plus. I've talked all their players about the post on here about this and they laugh at this assertion.

 

Ennam, I respect your opinion, but Dixie is not in the picture, it's the same has Holmes, let Hatton get his, and stop the others.

 

Sidenote: It was obvious that the NewCath end of the floor was the "skating rink" on friday, had CovCath been on that end of the floor is the half time score different???????

 

Fire away boys...... :lol2:

LB , you ask a fair question about the floor issue in the first half. I will say though that, while not nearly as bad, I did notice CCH boys slipping in the first half on the other end. Regardless, what I saw was two evenly-matched teams and, with Holmes, are the clear leaders at this point in the season. None are clearly better than the other 2 , thus, my "as good" comment.

LB , you ask a fair question about the floor issue in the first half. I will say though that, while not nearly as bad, I did notice CCH boys slipping in the first half on the other end. Regardless, what I saw was two evenly-matched teams and, with Holmes, are the clear leaders at this point in the season. None are clearly better than the other 2 , thus, my "as good" comment.

 

True on all points.

 

And I'm in 100% agreement with the bolded.

 

With all this said Ryle wins the 9th Region. :lol:

Now I'm going to join the "fray". I know my opinions here are going to "upset" the applecart but here goes:

 

CovCath top to bottom IMO has the best "team", bar none, from the games I've seen. They don't miss a beat when subbing.

 

 

 

Holmes is a two man team, and if you think otherwise your kidding yourself. Key to beating Holmes, let Bolden get his, and keep Chames off the offensive glass. Other than that no one else is a real threat to score.

 

NewCath goes 7 strong, and all this talk of their players being tired, winded, fatigued, etc.....is BULL. The conditioning they go through has them prepared to play 32 minutes plus. I've talked all their players about the post on here about this and they laugh at this assertion.

 

Ennam, I respect your opinion, but Dixie is not in the picture, it's the same has Holmes, let Hatton get his, and stop the others.

 

Sidenote: It was obvious that the NewCath end of the floor was the "skating rink" on friday, had CovCath been on that end of the floor is the half time score different???????

 

Fire away boys...... :lol2:

 

Agree.....CCH then NCC then Holmes and look we are not talking about a big margin here. I mean it's as close as you can get and on any given night anyone of these 3 can beat each other. From what i have seen so far this is the way I see it. Your region winner comes from one of these 3. No disrespect to the other teams in the region but these 3 are in a different league.

  • Author

LB, how do you explain the NCC 2nd half breakdowns in multiple key games over Christmas? It is the only question I have about the quality of their team. No one is fit enough to run for four quarters in the ninth.

Now I'm going to join the "fray". I know my opinions here are going to "upset" the applecart but here goes:

 

CovCath top to bottom IMO has the best "team", bar none, from the games I've seen. They don't miss a beat when subbing.

 

Holmes is a two man team, and if you think otherwise your kidding yourself. Key to beating Holmes, let Bolden get his, and keep Chames off the offensive glass. Other than that no one else is a real threat to score.

 

NewCath goes 7 strong, and all this talk of their players being tired, winded, fatigued, etc.....is BULL. The conditioning they go through has them prepared to play 32 minutes plus. I've talked all their players about the post on here about this and they laugh at this assertion.

 

Ennam, I respect your opinion, but Dixie is not in the picture, it's the same has Holmes, let Hatton get his, and stop the others.

 

Sidenote: It was obvious that the NewCath end of the floor was the "skating rink" on friday, had CovCath been on that end of the floor is the half time score different???????

 

Fire away boys...... :lol2:

 

Say what you want NCC is the best team in the region as long as they are not playing multiple games in a short window........teams like Cov Cath will get them just like the teams did in the holiday tournaments......people run their yaps about them having no bench....... that is not true....... they have a bench they just have "no faith" in there bench, big difference........ as far as talking to the players, your smarter than that, what high school kid with the competitive make up of these guys is going to say, your right we do get tired and don't play as well in the second half..... I agree 100% the score would have been different at half had CC been on that end of the floor....... I think the bigger question is why did CC keep the game their, they knew that was going to be ice skating rink? Their that should get it going :):):)

LB, how do you explain the NCC 2nd half breakdowns in multiple key games over Christmas? It is the only question I have about the quality of their team. No one is fit enough to run for four quarters in the ninth.

 

They failed to handle the pressure by committing too many turnovers with "ill-advised" passing.

 

I respect your opinion, but I'm not buying. They're called Thoroughbreds for a reason. :thumb: :clap:

Say what you want NCC is the best team in the region as long as they are not playing multiple games in a short window........teams like Cov Cath will get them just like the teams did in the holiday tournaments......people run their yaps about them having no bench....... that is not true....... they have a bench they just have "no faith" in there bench, big difference........ as far as talking to the players, your smarter than that, what high school kid with the competitive make up of these guys is going to say, your right we do get tired and don't play as well in the second half..... I agree 100% the score would have been different at half had CC been on that end of the floor....... I think the bigger question is why did CC keep the game their, they knew that was going to be ice skating rink? Their that should get it going :):):)

 

Got no problem with CovCath wanting the game there. They did as much as they possibly could in preparing the gym for the crowd that was expected. I think it was a "perfect storm" with the amount of people and the outside temps that caused this situation.

 

I do think in the future for games of this magnitude, we will see games being moved to Regents Hall, The Bank, & Thomas More. These facilities have the room, except Thomas More, but condensation will never be a problem.

Say what you want NCC is the best team in the region as long as they are not playing multiple games in a short window.......:):):)

 

Well the regional tourney is multiple games in a short window. So do we determine who the best team is by how they do during the course of the year or by who goes down state? I've seen many of the best teams not make it to state.

Got no problem with CovCath wanting the game there. They did as much as they possibly could in preparing the gym for the crowd that was expected. I think it was a "perfect storm" with the amount of people and the outside temps that caused this situation.

 

I do think in the future for games of this magnitude, we will see games being moved to Regents Hall, The Bank, & Thomas More. These facilities have the room, except Thomas More, but condensation will never be a problem.

 

I heard the NCC vs. Brossart game was in discussion about being moved to a larger neutral site? Not sure if it will happen at all or maybe next year when the contract is renewed. Last year at Brossart it was sold out but weather cooperated.

Well the regional tourney is multiple games in a short window. So do we determine who the best team is by how they do during the course of the year or by who goes down state? I've seen many of the best teams not make it to state.

 

This is so very true.

They failed to handle the pressure by committing too many turnovers with "ill-advised" passing.

 

I respect your opinion, but I'm not buying. They're called Thoroughbreds for a reason. :thumb: :clap:

 

Issue wasn't fatigue. It was guard play against pressure.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.