Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region...Who has the bragging rights?

Featured Replies

Well the regional tourney is multiple games in a short window.

 

Is it? I seem to remember it being M/T/F/S.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it? I seem to remember it being M/T/F/S.

I would say yes that it is. 4 games in 6 days is a lot. Even for young boys with a lot of spring in their steps.

I could be mistaken, and Clyde correct me if I'm wrong. But doesn't it only take 3 game to win the region, not 4? There are 2 first round dates, hence Monday and Tuesday.

I could be mistaken, and Clyde correct me if I'm wrong. But doesn't it only take 3 game to win the region, not 4? There are 2 first round dates, hence Monday and Tuesday.

 

Correct.

I could be mistaken, and Clyde correct me if I'm wrong. But doesn't it only take 3 game to win the region, not 4? There are 2 first round dates, hence Monday and Tuesday.

If that's the case, I defer to Whynot to advise if is too many games in a short period for the Breds. He is the one that claimed it would be an issue for them.

Keep in mind the Bank is a longer collegiate floor.

I agree. However 4 games in 4 days at Lexington Catholic on their collegiate court is a lot different than 3 games in 5/6 days on the same size court at BOK. Boys would be sleeping in their own bed and not sitting in a hotel all day either. All of that plays part to being "fatigued" in a 4 day tournament such as LexCath. I'm not saying they will win the 9th region. I just think people put so much emphasis on NewCath getting "tired". Let's see how much Holmes sits McClendon, Chames, and Bolden in the regional tourney. Or CovCath, Ruthsatz, Schuh, and VonHandorf. How much will Trentman, Burns or Jennings sit for Brossart come regional tourney time? I would think if they want to win, not much. Benches seem to get thin come tourney time.

I will start by stating this was not my idea, but i like it. On Feb 14th, Holmes plays NCC and Cov Cath plays Dixie. Neither game has district seeding implications, so how about the powers that be contact NKU and have a double header at BOK. Based on this thread, these look to be the top 4 teams in the region. Charge 7-8 bucks at the door and i would bet you could get close to 5k for this. I know home teams have to give up the gates and concessions but we can leave that up to them to figure out the logistics of it. For a pure fans standpoint, this would be a great night of hoops and would be worthy of the semi-finals of the 9th region tourney. I can tell you that i would not hesitate to pay this amount for this double header.

BOKC double header would be well worth the price. Good post Boxer.

  • Author
I will start by stating this was not my idea, but i like it. On Feb 14th, Holmes plays NCC and Cov Cath plays Dixie. Neither game has district seeding implications, so how about the powers that be contact NKU and have a double header at BOK. Based on this thread, these look to be the top 4 teams in the region. Charge 7-8 bucks at the door and i would bet you could get close to 5k for this. I know home teams have to give up the gates and concessions but we can leave that up to them to figure out the logistics of it. For a pure fans standpoint, this would be a great night of hoops and would be worthy of the semi-finals of the 9th region tourney. I can tell you that i would not hesitate to pay this amount for this double header.

 

Add to it some charitable aspect and people will come out in droves.

I will start by stating this was not my idea, but i like it. On Feb 14th, Holmes plays NCC and Cov Cath plays Dixie. Neither game has district seeding implications, so how about the powers that be contact NKU and have a double header at BOK. Based on this thread, these look to be the top 4 teams in the region. Charge 7-8 bucks at the door and i would bet you could get close to 5k for this. I know home teams have to give up the gates and concessions but we can leave that up to them to figure out the logistics of it. For a pure fans standpoint, this would be a great night of hoops and would be worthy of the semi-finals of the 9th region tourney. I can tell you that i would not hesitate to pay this amount for this double header.

 

I'm Dixie. Tell me why I give up a huge gate to do this.

There is no question IMO that all three of these teams could win the ninth region and do well in the state. As far as the Cov Cath game vs. Holmes. Cov Cath shot extremely well with Holmes having a bad defensive night. If you have attended any of the other Holmes games you would know this was a horrible defensive game for them. Bolden and Chames are the two go to players but watch the rest of the year. Put your seat belts on...its gonna be a heck of a ride. Good luck to all and may my Bulldogs win it all in the ninth region.

Don't be Dixie, jk. Share all revenue.

I'm Dixie. Tell me why I give up a huge gate to do this.
I'm Dixie. Tell me why I give up a huge gate to do this.

i'm not sure if would be fiscally possible for either Dixie or New Cath. New Cath would be giving up a guaranteed sell out. Our thoughts were strictly from a fan's perspective. I'm sure there would be other schools stating if this happened, they could be gaining an unfair advantage to getting a game on the BOK floor before the 9th region tourney. i know this wont happen, but it would be a lot of fun if it did.

The new Lit ranking are out and 3 teams from the Ninth Region are in the top 6! :dancingpa

 

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2, colspan: 2]Top 20 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]1.Ballard (14-4)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]103.6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]2.Scott County (14-2)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]101.2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]3.Covington Catholic (12-0)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]100.6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]4.Newport Catholic (11-3)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]97.2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]5.Trinity (11-2)[/TD]

[TD=class: small2, align: right]96.9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: small2]6.Holmes (12-3)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

Link

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.