Alabama 42 Notre Dame 14

Original Rookie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had already prepared myself to accept the fact that Notre Dame would more than likely lose this game, however, my worst fears were realized with the actual outcome. That being said as a lifelong Irish football fan, I have to say that I am satisfied with the outcome of this season. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that Notre Dame would be able to make it through the season unbeaten and have the opportunity to play in the BCS Championship game. I look forward to next season, as the Irish have several key players coming back and a highly rated recruiting class coming in.

Congratulations to Alabama. It is beginning to look like Nick Saban just cannot be beat when he has a month to prepare. I realize that a lot of people feel that Notre Dame's inclusion in this game ruined the championship game, but honestly, who could you have put in their spot that would have been able to hang with Bama tonight? Nobody was going to beat that team they way they preformed. In my opinion the second best team right now is Texas A&M, but I don't see them beating Alabama twice and the public has already weighed in last season that they didn't like SEC vs SEC for the title.

There is not a team in the country that would have played them within 21 points tonight. Not one team.

I got to thinking. Maybe Oregon? Nope. Beaten by Stanford at Oregon. Beaten by the same Stanford team that Notre Dame beat (questionable call, I agree).

Stanford? No.

Florida? Hell no.

Maybe a Georgia rematch? I don't think so, could be wrong.

K-State? Definitely not.

Texas A&M again? Possibly. They'd have scored, but defensively I don't think they would have posed anymore of a threat/roadblock than what Notre Dame showed tonight.

I expected Alabama to win, but didn't think by as much domination as there was; the difference was men amongst boys. The Tide had this well in hand in the first quarter. Te'o and the rest of the Irish defense was a complete non-factor all night. I know that some people were saying that A&M and Oregon were better than both teams, but after tonight, I don't think so.

There is not a team in the country that would have played them within 21 points tonight. Not one team.

I got to thinking. Maybe Oregon? Nope. Beaten by Stanford at Oregon. Beaten by the same Stanford team that Notre Dame beat (questionable call, I agree).

Stanford? No.

Florida? Hell no.

Maybe a Georgia rematch? I don't think so, could be wrong.

K-State? Definitely not.

Texas A&M again? Possibly. They'd have scored, but defensively I don't think they would have posed anymore of a threat/roadblock than what Notre Dame showed tonight.

I agree; if anyone had a chance it was the Aggies. And the way Bama's defense looked tonight, I'm not so sure if they would have.