Alabama 42 Notre Dame 14

Original Rookie

Can't remember who it was, but some radio personality I follow tweeted that the only SEC teams Notre Dame would 100% beat were UK and Auburn. Said he'd put them as the 10th best team in the league this year behind Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, A&M, Vandy, & Mississippi State.

Just complete domination.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, the SEC was 6-3 in bowls with the BCS Championship in tow for the 7th year in a row. Florida's effort was embarrassing but other than that typical SEC.

In other news, ND was ranked #1 by the human voters. They would have been the #1 seed in the new playoff format. Bama was favored by the computers and by Vegas. There will still be championship games like this when the playoff format starts up.

The bold above is the biggest reason I dislike Notre Dame. They are always going to be overhyped because they have the large national following. Teams that are overhyped are at the top of my most disliked teams lists in all sports.

I was surprised though at how dominating Bama was offensively. ND has 3 first round NFL draft picks in their front 7 so I thought it would be tougher sledding for Bama. The Tide offensive line proved how good they are in that game.

The bold above is the biggest reason I dislike Notre Dame. They are always going to be overhyped because they have the large national following. Teams that are overhyped are at the top of my most disliked teams lists in all sports.

For as crappy as they performed they were the lone undefeated team remaining and earned the right to be there (and be exposed). They were "overhyped" in to the #1 slot? Took them all season to rise that high. They started off ranked #24 in the AP and unranked in the coaches poll. That is "overhyping"? Not as if they were in a mesh of 1 loss teams and got the nod. The other teams dropped the ball. I think the ND hype machine angle is blown way out of proportion.

Notre Dame played a much tougher schedule than OSU, so throw them out of the argument. A&M didn't spot Saban 30 days to scout their offense. Let's be realistic. When you give Saban's crew a month to break you down, he is tough to beat. Throw in a fresh Lacy and McCarron having the game of his career accuracy speaking and nobody is playing with Alabama. Layoffs are funny things. ND beat some good teams this year and EARNED their shot. They just got destroyed. You can't judge a whole season off of one game.

The played no one the WHOLE year. 3 overtime wins against teams that were not rated. The only decent win they had was against Sooners, who Texas AM destroyed. So, no they did not deserve to be in titile game.

I am a big Notre Dame hater but that is just not true. Stanford WON the Rose Bowl... WON the conference that mighty Oregon was in... and you fail to mention them?

1) Johnny Football - is not impressed.

2) Winning three out of 4 beauty contests is NOT a dynasty.

3) Texas A&M and Oregon would have been a more legitimate title game.

Hater much? You honestly saying Alabama isn't a dynasty football program right now?

The played no one the WHOLE year. 3 overtime wins against teams that were not rated. The only decent win they had was against Sooners, who Texas AM destroyed. So, no they did not deserve to be in titile game.

On a sports talk show this morning, the host said ND's strength of schedule was 10th and Alabama's was in the mid-30s.

Most drama in this game was whether or not Jones was going to knock McCarron down.
I do not like McCarron in the least bit and that did nothing to change my opinion. Granted, Jones should not have responded how he did, but McCarron should not have showed up Jones like he did.