KY/TN Allstar Game

theguru

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having played in this Game. I wasnt real impressed with Commwealth Staduim for this game. I would like to see it played in a smaller stad. Like EKU i think would be great. be easy to get in and out of and would be a great Place...

Originally posted by theguru

Can anyone from Scott County tell us how many Georgetown holds?

Rawlings Stadium (5,000)

The most populated their stadium was this year was when they played host to Pikeville College. 2,300 were in attendance.

Originally posted by NEERFAN

I would rather play in a cozy stadium. I agree that Neyland looks pathetic when there's only 500 people in attendance. How many can EKU hold?

Roy Kidd Stadium holds 20,000+, it is one of the top 10 I-AA football stadiums in the nation. IMHO it is the best stadium in the OVC, it has the best natural grass playing surface around. The playing surface is better than some of the schools in the SEC. Roy Kidd Stadium in the 70's hosted the the Kentucky High School Football Champioships. It has great concessions and public bathrooms. The city of Richmond has grown in the past few years, there are numerous up scale hotel accomodations and restaurants.

roy_kidd_stadium.jpg

Originally posted by EKUColonels

Roy Kidd Stadium holds 20,000+, it is one of the top 10 I-AA football stadiums in the nation. IMHO it is the best stadium in the OVC, it has the best natural grass playing surface around. The playing surface is better than some of the schools in the SEC. Roy Kidd Stadium in the 70's hosted the the Kentucky High School Football Champioships. It has great concessions and public bathrooms. The city of Richmond has grown in the past few years, there are numerous up scale hotel accomodations and restaurants.

Aren't there only stands on one side?

Yeah I agree with playing the game at EKU, I graduated from there and attended almost all of the home games and it is a great atmosphere. And there is plenty of nice hotels and restaurants nearby, plus it is easy to get to and there is plenty of parking. (Edit) Nope there are stands on both sides of the field.