• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by CentreRocks

Aren't there only stands on one side?

There are stands on both sides, but the picture that is posted is where 95% of the capacity seating is, the other side is made up of metal bleachers., and not near as elaborate.

I don't think having the fans sit together would be a problem at this game.

It's a pretty warm and fuzzy environment.

Plus I don't think it would draw enough to exactly have to sit in each other's laps in there.

I talked to Dallas Greer today and he said the Bell County coaches AND Rich Brooks had told him he would be playing in the all-star game.

That leads me to assume (dangerou always, but what the heck) that all UK signees will be on the team.

I'm also glad that the UK coaches are allowing their kids to play in the game.

P.S. Greer will the fifth kid from Bell County/Middlesboro to play in the game since 1998

Originally posted by MDN

That leads me to assume (dangerou always, but what the heck) that all UK signees will be on the team.

False

This isn't the case, just because a kid has committed to UK does not in no way shape or form mean he is automatically going to be playing in the All Star Game. I just wanted to clear this up because this is a long time myth...

LIke I said, I was assuming.

Usually there is also a lot of pressure for UK signees to be first team all-state and all of those guys (the seniors) should be on the team.

I would be interested to know the last time a UK signee didn't get asked to play on the team.

I'm sure some may have opted not to.

Originally posted by theguru

The all star game is coming back to the bluegrass state this year.

Tennessee will be playing Kentucky in the 20th annual KY/TN all star game on June 20th at 6pm in Kentucky (site to be determined).

This is great news!

:cry: :cry: well unless it's in the extreme southeastern part of the state i won't be seein you guys there

Does anyone on the list remember when Kentucky played an East vs West Kentucky All Star Game?

What year did the KY vs Tn All Star game start?

I know that in 1952 they still played East vs West Kentucky All Star.

Husband played in 1952 game.

Son played in 1986 KY vs Tn game

Grandson played in Lexington in 2000.

So have a very special interest in this game.

Originally posted by 3wishes

Bob Redman

CRAIG CLAYTON Head Coach at Hopkinsville

CURTIS HIGGINS Head Coach at Trigg Co.

PAT GATES Head Coach at Caldwell Co. (just completed his final season as the head coach)

PERRY THOMAS Head Coach at Paducah Tilghman

These are some of the coaches that will be on the staff aswell.

3 wishes

Yes they was listed in the Kentucky New Era paper in Hopkinsville. I knew Clayton and Higgins were going to be on the staff but I didn't know about Gates and Thomas until I saw it in the paper. The just had the coaches from Western KY in there.

Well the Head Coach is only allowed 5 assistant coaches and that group you named made up of 4, so I guess only one more can be named later by Redman. It just seemed odd that he had so many WKY coaches, I'm pretty sure I know of one more that may be on there and he is from Louisville, but I'm not saying for sure.