McCoy: Legacy?

I'll have to think about that as PT was a much better runner than he was given credit for due to how impressive his arm was. Teams that forgot about it paid the price.
The only thing Towles had on McCoy was size and arm strength. Everything else is all McCoy, IMO. Granted, Towles could throw the long ball much better but he also had Sheehan. When Sheehan went down, so did alot of the Bluebird offense last year. With Towles size, it helped him see downfield alot better than McCoy. Edited by Whackem'n'Stackem'

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately for McCoy, he is part of a great program with an tremendous QB legacy. He would be in the bottom half of Highlands QB in the last 15 years. And please look at the list of QB's that are better before that is considered a knock. Highlands has just had some great QB's over the past 15 years.

Unfortunately for McCoy, he is part of a great program with an tremendous QB legacy. He would be in the bottom half of Highlands QB in the last 15 years. And please look at the list of QB's that are better before that is considered a knock. Highlands has just had some great QB's over the past 15 years.

In my opinion, he is number 5

McCoy proved to be an outstanding QB for HHS this season. I think his greatest attribute is his toughness, both physically and mentally. Last year when Towles got hurt early in the Elder game at the Pit, McCoy stepped in and did a great job leading the Birds to victory. This year in the Elder game, he took a couple of absolutely wicked hits - the kind that caused a murmer in the stands - and popped up like nothing happened. His ability to both run and pass caused matchup nightmares for opponents. HHS has had three big time D-I QB's in the last 10-15 years (Lorenzen, Guidugli, and Towles) with one spending time in the NFL. I am not saying he is at that level. However, to be a notch below those three is nothing to be ashamed of. He had a terrific career at HHS and he can QB my team anytime.

I disagree with that one. His passing is above average, but Towles was on another level as a QB. Now as an athlete and "football player", he has to be one of the best that I've seen. He could have had 1,000 yards receiving last year if he wasn't surrounded by so many talented receivers. If he was on defense, he would be about 10 lbs heavier and be one of the top MLBs in the state. He can do it all.

I completely agree; Donovan was definitely a good quarterback and very well rounded to play other positions, which was his main strength. He was more than capable of playing different positions, which many people are not.

Bardo,

No way, Donovan may not be as fast as Bardo but he has swivel hips and an ability to pick up big yards when needed. His statistics speak for themselves. Bardo didnt get enough opportunity back there to prove he was a better QB than McCoy.