McCoy: Legacy?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit reachin' BG' date=' you're starting to look more like a clown than a Bluebird.[/quote']

It was a poor choice of words on your part. Bardo was not dismayed by AC's success. Not one bit. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it was what you typed. And as good as AC was, the Birds didn't miss a beat when AC went out with an injury for 5 games. Heck, I think Tyler Fennell had more rushing yards in the second game against Ryle than AC did in the first game. Fennell was one of those Highlands RBs that was extremely good but got overshadowed by other players on the team. And when Bardo went out, once Towles got past the X game, the Birds again didn't miss a beat. Lots of depth on that team on O and on D.

And for the record, I'd be very comfortable taking Bardo as my starting QB against any of the other Highlands QBs mentioned in here. Kid admittedly didn't have the meat on the bones like Towles did his senior year, but he as fast and elusive as heck; made great decisions on the field: and threw a beautiful and very accurate ball. It still pains me that he didn't get to play QB a full senior season.

Correct LN, Dismay, not in a literal sense on Bardo's part. Both were good no doubt. I just didn't see the powerful bullets being thrown by Bardo that McCoy made look easy. Both had only one year under center but McCoy took it to the next level IMO. To Bardo's credit, injury limited any legitimate comparisons to the greats. That's just my opinion.

Correct LN' date=' Dismay, not in a literal sense on Bardo's part. Both were good no doubt. I just didn't see the powerful bullets being thrown by Bardo that McCoy made look easy. Both had only one year under center but McCoy took it to the next level IMO. [b']To Bardo's credit, injury limited any legitimate comparisons to the greats.[/b] That's just my opinion.

That's fair. I know some might not be aware of it, but Bardo is doing extremely well as the starting QB at Univ of Dayton.

Correct LN' date=' Dismay, not in a literal sense on Bardo's part. Both were good no doubt. [b'] I just didn't see the powerful bullets being thrown by Bardo that McCoy made look easy.[/b] Both had only one year under center but McCoy took it to the next level IMO. To Bardo's credit, injury limited any legitimate comparisons to the greats. That's just my opinion.

I respect your opinion, you are entitled to it.

You might want to go back and look at some game tapes from Bardo's senior season, arm strength and accuracy were never a question.

I can remember the 7 on 7 with Moeller in the spring of 09 and everyone was saying that Moe's QB was one of the best in the nation at that time. Well, on this day Bardo was much the better passer.Bardo's long passes were very accurate and his short and medium range passes were like heat seeking missles.

Both of these QB's deserve to be in the HHS great category.

After Bardo's injury I can remember him running back kickoffs with his arm in a sling , his tuffness is not questionable.