Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McCoy: Legacy?

Featured Replies

McCoy's legacy will be toughness, leadership and athleticism.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I don't think they would have won state without him this year. The Cov. Cath game would have probably signaled the end for the Birds minus McCoy.

Tell me you're kidding. Same type speedy qb but not on level as far as overall athleticism and toughness.

 

Really? Remember your trademark win? Who was your best offensive weapon before he got hurt? Bardo. As a QB, I believe that he was better. McCoy is an unbelievable football player, a Tebow light.

Bardo is a starting QB on a D1 football team.

 

How is McCoy passing the ball? I know he has numbers but what little I have seen of him hasn't impressed me on the passing side of things in comparison to the other Highlands QB's.

 

I understand that but I didn't see enough of him at QB in HS to warrant him as one of the best. Tremendous athlete who can flat out fly.

I understand that but I didn't see enough of him at QB in HS to warrant him as one of the best. Tremendous athlete who can flat out fly.

 

That is a fair point.

Tell me you're kidding. Same type speedy qb but not on level as far as overall athleticism and toughness.

 

Overall athleticism and toughness please... the kid came back after injuring his elbow and returned as a RB. The last thing I would do is take a shot at McCoy who is a very good high school QB. But please don't tell me Bardo is not tough enough after returning from the injury he had and going on to play at the next level. He may not have played the entire year at QB his senoir year but he won one of the, if not the biggest game I ever witnessed at Highlands. He also went undefeated his high school career at QB.

Overall athleticism and toughness please... the kid came back after injuring his elbow and returned as a RB. The last thing I would do is take a shot at McCoy who is a very good high school QB. But please don't tell me Bardo is not tough enough after returning from the injury he had and going on to play at the next level. He may not have played the entire year at QB his senoir year but he won one of the, if not the biggest game I ever witnessed at Highlands. He also went undefeated his high school career at QB.

 

Sorry Henry, thanks to the line!

Sorry Henry, thanks to the line!

 

I wasn't going to point it out . I knew I would have been stating the obvious to you.:D

  • Author

McCoy was a much better passer IMO than Bardo. Will had speed and holes you could drive a semi through, but his short to mid range passing prowess was suspect. Mostly due to the fact that they ran the ball mostly, but McCoy could flat out drill a ball to his receiver insie of 30yds. He was probably 90+% accurate on those passes all year. McCoy's weakness was the deep ball. If you gave McCoy the holes Bardo had, McCoy would be Mr. Football. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

McCoy was a much better passer IMO than Bardo. Will had speed and holes you could drive a semi through' date=' but [b']his short to mid range passing prowess was suspect[/b]. Mostly due to the fact that they ran the ball mostly, but McCoy could flat out drill a ball to his receiver insie of 30yds. He was probably 90+% accurate on those passes all year. McCoy's weakness was the deep ball. If you gave McCoy the holes Bardo had, McCoy would be Mr. Football. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

 

As to the bolded above, I'm not sure I agree with you. I agree that the birds ran the ball a lot, but maybe that was due to the RB, not Will's arm. I can't ever recall reading a post questioning his accuracy, although I have to admit I was more concerned with the prolific O Line that was opening the gaping holes for the run game.

McCoy was a much better passer IMO than Bardo. Will had speed and holes you could drive a semi through' date=' but his short to mid range passing prowess was suspect. Mostly due to the fact that they ran the ball mostly, but McCoy could flat out drill a ball to his receiver insie of 30yds. He was probably 90+% accurate on those passes all year. McCoy's weakness was the deep ball. [b']If you gave McCoy the holes Bardo had, McCoy would be Mr. Football[/b]. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

 

This year's O-line was mighty awesome at providing gaping holes to run through.

WS - No need to be smoking anything, merely a discussion about quarterbacks. I am not comparing quarterbacks, merely replying to the comment you made about the athletic/toughness comment about Will Bardo. Will Bardo has to be included in any discussion concerning Highlands great quarterbacks IMO. My thoughts can't help but drift back to the Cincinnati St. Xavier game (2009) in which Will and the Highlands coaching staff dismantled a Specht led defense who admittedly at the time was touted as one of the best defenses in the state of Ohio if not the country. As I recall up until the time Will got injured ( requiring Tommy John surgery ) he accounted for most of the Highlands offense either through the air or with his feet, scoring the only touchdown for Highlands. Anyway, relax I am on the same team on this one, both great quarterbacks.

  • Author
WS - No need to be smoking anything, merely a discussion about quarterbacks. I am not comparing quarterbacks, merely replying to the comment you made about the athletic/toughness comment about Will Bardo. Will Bardo has to be included in any discussion concerning Highlands great quarterbacks IMO. My thoughts can't help but drift back to the Cincinnati St. Xavier game (2009) in which Will and the Highlands coaching staff dismantled a Specht led defense who admittedly at the time was touted as one of the best defenses in the state of Ohio if not the country. As I recall up until the time Will got injured ( requiring Tommy John surgery ) he accounted for most of the Highlands offense either through the air or with his feet, scoring the only touchdown for Highlands. Anyway, relax I am on the same team on this one, both great quarterbacks.

Much to the dismay of Will Bardo, it was AC's show in 09' except in 09' when Dale used AC as a decoy to pave the way for the Bardo showing.

And what a showing it was!!!!!!

Much to the dismay of Will Bardo' date=' it was AC's show in 09' except in 09' when Dale used AC as a decoy to pave the way for the Bardo showing.[/quote']

 

As to the bolded, how can you make such an outlandish statement? Will was (and still is) the consumate teammate, and wanted success for the team, regardless how it was attained. To suggest otherwise is disrespectful.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.