Let's say....

leatherneck

Is Leatherneck's Reporting Fair or Unfair?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is Leatherneck's Reporting Fair or Unfair?

Doesn't it really depend on your slant in the report? Not enough info to make a choice for me. If by "critical" you mean you threw CC under the bus in the report, and didn't tell the whole story, I'd call you a hack.

From the example LN gave it sounds like the reporter is throwing CovCath under the bus by not mentioning that the varsity came out when up by 28 and that the JV and Frosh scored the last 28. If the reporter knew this info and doesn't mention it then IMO that's creating an inflammatory situation that makes CovCath look bad. For me, that's a problem.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would consider it a shame you did not mention the JV players who possibly scored their first touchdowns. What a great opportunity for them to get ink in the paper. A valued memory for those glory days.

I still have a sour taste for a school that did not bother to call in the box scores and it was my sons first varsity points.

As for the reporting, it really depends on the whole context of the article.

I would consider it a shame you did not mention the JV players who possibly scored their first touchdowns. What a great opportunity for them to get ink in the paper. A valued memory for those glory days.

I still have a sour taste for a school that did not bother to call in the box scores and it was my sons first varsity points.

As for the reporting, it really depends on the whole context of the article.

:thumb::thumb:

It depends. After the JV and freshman were put into the game, did the offensive continue to throw? Did they run razzle dazzle misdirection plays? Did winning team's defense blitz or throw unusual wrinkles at their opponent? (If this were basketball I would ask did the winning team continue to press with a 30 point lead.) If the winning team kept things bland with frosh and JV, then I would say although the margin of victory was large, the winning coach did everything he could to keep things respectable and that should be reported. Scoring a TD up 56 with 30 seconds left in the game does not require additional explaination. It is bush league.

I'm still struggling to see how it is fair. I am admittedly biased as a Boyle County fan and have watched our JV and Freshman come into the game after the running clock and still score and then get hammered for it on here. Grates me to no end. It would bother me further if it is reported that we ran up the score but only half of the story is reported and the person reporting it knew the whole story.

We are all going to assume the backups were in so IMO there is no need to make a point that starters were out. I can figure that out by seeing who scored.

If you weren't from here you couldn't. And as for the score at the end, with that margin there's a running clock and a knee would be an option. That would be some info that would be nice to know if you are from Tennessee reading this article and have no clue about CC or how KY football goes.

It depends. After the JV and freshman were put into the game, did the offensive continue to throw? Did they run razzle dazzle misdirection plays? Did winning team's defense blitz or throw unusual wrinkles at their opponent? (If this were basketball I would ask did the winning team continue to press with a 30 point lead.) If the winning team kept things bland with frosh and JV, then I would say although the margin of victory was large, the winning coach did everything he could to keep things respectable and that should be reported. Scoring a TD up 56 with 30 seconds left in the game does not require additional explaination. It is bush league.

Disagree. If Freshmen are in on offense and they score I don't care how much time is on the clock. According to this example Freshmen are in at this point so that means they scored on equal Freshmen, JV or even Varsity players. If Freshmen scored on Varsity players who is guilty of being bush league? The winning team or the losing team? Seems bush league to me to have Varsity defense against a Freshmen offense and if the Freshmen score against the Varsity with 2 seconds left on the clock then so be it. Same feelings if it is JV and Freshmen.

I've never been a fan of the whole 'quit playing' because our lead is so huge mentality. Just call off the rest of the game. The running clock takes care of everything. It's over fast once it kicks in.