Let's say....

leatherneck

Is Leatherneck's Reporting Fair or Unfair?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is Leatherneck's Reporting Fair or Unfair?

Yes, I am the guy in the stands who despises taking knees at anytime. I am the one who doesn't understand why teams take a knee in the first half before halftime instead of throwing a bomb like we do in Madden. :lol:

Yes, that's me.

Yes, I laughed hard, real hard when Spurrier ran it up on UK last year by throwing for a touchdown with about 18 seconds left in the game. Yes, I am that guy. Spin says we'll mellow out as we get older. I don't know. Haven't got there yet. :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some folks are missing the question. The question is not whether it's fair to score the last touchdown. The question is whether the reporting was fair if the reporter fails to mention the details of the last score (ie, scored by back up players) and instead just reports that CovCath choose to score in the last 30 seconds when it was already winning by a lot of points. It's a fair journalism question; not a fair coaching question.

Yes, I am the guy in the stands who despises taking knees at anytime. I am the one who doesn't understand why teams take a knee in the first half before halftime instead of throwing a bomb like we do in Madden. :lol:

Yes, that's me.

Yes, I laughed hard, real hard when Spurrier ran it up on UK last year by throwing for a touchdown with about 18 seconds left in the game. Yes, I am that guy. Spin says we'll mellow out as we get older. I don't know. Haven't got there yet. :lol:

You switched your avatar from Marlow to Michael. No love for Bunk??

Unfair-should be disclosed so people reading the article have full information to form their opinion as to what happened.

Agreed. If they aren't going to give all of the information then it's just sensationalism.

Some folks are missing the question. The question is not whether it's fair to score the last touchdown. The question is whether the reporting was fair if the reporter fails to mention the details of the last score (ie, scored by back up players) and instead just reports that CovCath choose to score in the last 30 seconds when it was already winning by a lot of points. It's a fair journalism question; not a fair coaching question.
With this crowd, you know we can't stop at simply the crux of your question. We are far too deep (windy) for that. I think it's been said, but if so, I'll reiterate, doesn't it depend on the reader? If this is a national article, the details are important considering the lack of familiarity with the subject(s). On BGP, it would be fair considering we know CC and have knowledge of the minutia. On a broader scope, I still believe it to be unfair.

Still say fair. They scored, and the box score will show who did it.

Still say fair. They scored, and the box score will show who did it.

So, if a reader not familiar with CC reads it, he's able to deduce that Billy Joe McCallister scored with 30 sec to go and he's a frosh? Not buying that logic.

So, if a reader not familiar with CC reads it, he's able to deduce that Billy Joe McCallister scored with 30 sec to go and he's a frosh? Not buying that logic.

With that logic, someone who was unfamiliar with CC wouldn't know what year anyone was (If they scored the first TD or the last). I would believe that whoever the reader was would see at least a 62 point win and come up with that conclusion on thier own.

Still say it's fair.

With that logic, someone who was unfamiliar with CC wouldn't know what year anyone was (If they scored the first TD or the last). I would believe that whoever the reader was would see at least a 62 point win and come up with that conclusion on thier own.

Still say it's fair.

Do you sincerely believe that an article written about teams running up the score, with no knowledge of the players involved, readers would be able to come up with the conclusion that JV/frosh were in at the time? I don't.