Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let's say....

Is Leatherneck's Reporting Fair or Unfair? 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Leatherneck's Reporting Fair or Unfair?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Yes, I am the guy in the stands who despises taking knees at anytime. I am the one who doesn't understand why teams take a knee in the first half before halftime instead of throwing a bomb like we do in Madden. :lol:

 

Yes, that's me.

 

 

Yes, I laughed hard, real hard when Spurrier ran it up on UK last year by throwing for a touchdown with about 18 seconds left in the game. Yes, I am that guy. Spin says we'll mellow out as we get older. I don't know. Haven't got there yet. :lol:

  • Replies 86
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Some folks are missing the question. The question is not whether it's fair to score the last touchdown. The question is whether the reporting was fair if the reporter fails to mention the details of the last score (ie, scored by back up players) and instead just reports that CovCath choose to score in the last 30 seconds when it was already winning by a lot of points. It's a fair journalism question; not a fair coaching question.

Assuming column space and word limititations permits further details, the more the article fairly and accurately described what happened on the field, the better.

Yes, I am the guy in the stands who despises taking knees at anytime. I am the one who doesn't understand why teams take a knee in the first half before halftime instead of throwing a bomb like we do in Madden. :lol:

 

Yes, that's me.

 

 

Yes, I laughed hard, real hard when Spurrier ran it up on UK last year by throwing for a touchdown with about 18 seconds left in the game. Yes, I am that guy. Spin says we'll mellow out as we get older. I don't know. Haven't got there yet. :lol:

 

You switched your avatar from Marlow to Michael. No love for Bunk??

Unfair-should be disclosed so people reading the article have full information to form their opinion as to what happened.

You switched your avatar from Marlow to Michael. No love for Bunk??

 

:lol:

 

Bunk is coming. He'll be next. I got you.

 

I really liked Michael a lot. He's in my top 3 easy.

Unfair-should be disclosed so people reading the article have full information to form their opinion as to what happened.

 

Agreed. If they aren't going to give all of the information then it's just sensationalism.

Some folks are missing the question. The question is not whether it's fair to score the last touchdown. The question is whether the reporting was fair if the reporter fails to mention the details of the last score (ie, scored by back up players) and instead just reports that CovCath choose to score in the last 30 seconds when it was already winning by a lot of points. It's a fair journalism question; not a fair coaching question.
With this crowd, you know we can't stop at simply the crux of your question. We are far too deep (windy) for that. I think it's been said, but if so, I'll reiterate, doesn't it depend on the reader? If this is a national article, the details are important considering the lack of familiarity with the subject(s). On BGP, it would be fair considering we know CC and have knowledge of the minutia. On a broader scope, I still believe it to be unfair.
Some folks are missing the question. The question is not whether it's fair to score the last touchdown. The question is whether the reporting was fair if the reporter fails to mention the details of the last score (ie, scored by back up players) and instead just reports that CovCath choose to score in the last 30 seconds when it was already winning by a lot of points. It's a fair journalism question; not a fair coaching question.

 

 

Still say fair. They scored, and the box score will show who did it.

Still say fair. They scored, and the box score will show who did it.

So, if a reader not familiar with CC reads it, he's able to deduce that Billy Joe McCallister scored with 30 sec to go and he's a frosh? Not buying that logic.

So, if a reader not familiar with CC reads it, he's able to deduce that Billy Joe McCallister scored with 30 sec to go and he's a frosh? Not buying that logic.

 

With that logic, someone who was unfamiliar with CC wouldn't know what year anyone was (If they scored the first TD or the last). I would believe that whoever the reader was would see at least a 62 point win and come up with that conclusion on thier own.

 

Still say it's fair.

With that logic, someone who was unfamiliar with CC wouldn't know what year anyone was (If they scored the first TD or the last). I would believe that whoever the reader was would see at least a 62 point win and come up with that conclusion on thier own.

 

Still say it's fair.

Do you sincerely believe that an article written about teams running up the score, with no knowledge of the players involved, readers would be able to come up with the conclusion that JV/frosh were in at the time? I don't.
Just forfeit the rest of the game then. Taking a knee is a waste of time.

 

With 30 secs left?? Wow!

What if they scored on a defensive play? cant take a knee on defense.

Sure you can. Don't see it very often. I get your pointthough.

With 30 secs left?? Wow!

 

If you're not playing to score then what's the point of playing? 30 secs or 30 minutes.....play on. Or get off the field.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.