An attempt to evaluate the possible trade market for the Reds...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't do it for that unless they are paying a ton of his salary.

Why is his salary that big an obstacle? This according to Cots is what he is owed through 2015.

Player Pos Mls Srv Agent Length / Total Value 2012 2013 2014 2015

Span, Denard lf 3.111 Joe Urbon CAA 5 yr/$16.5M (10-14)+15 cl opt $3,000,000 $4.750 $6.500 $0.500

QS:

Cueto - 16 (2.23 ERA)

Bailey -15 (3.53 ERA)

Leake - 11 (4.12 ERA)

Arroyo - 11 (3.98 ERA)

Latos - 8 (4.30 ERA)

I'm sorry, but how can you look at the numbers and come to the conclusion that Arroyo is a liability or problem?

I don't expect anything different from the majority on here...

Why is his salary that big an obstacle? This according to Cots is what he is owed through 2015.

Player Pos Mls Srv Agent Length / Total Value 2012 2013 2014 2015

Span, Denard lf 3.111 Joe Urbon CAA 5 yr/$16.5M (10-14)+15 cl opt $3,000,000 $4.750 $6.500 $0.500

Because he isn't worth adding that salary when you have your future lead off hitter waiting in the wings as early as next year.

I don't expect anything different from the majority on here...

I'm not sure I'm following you correctly. Are you saying you feel the majority thinks Arroyo is a liability, or the majority doesn't feel he is a liability?

According to Jayson Stark, Walt feels he "needs to do something" and is looking into a middle of the lineup hitter.

Starks Notes

A lot of people keep saying they need a leadoff hitter.

I completely disagree. If they get someone to hit #4 when Votto returns then BP can move back in front of Votto and get on base for 3,4,5.

It'd have to be a big name player to make much of a difference though.

A lot of people keep saying they need a leadoff hitter.

I completely disagree. If they get someone to hit #4 when Votto returns then BP can move back in front of Votto and get on base for 3,4,5.

It'd have to be a big name player to make much of a difference though.

I agree, although I am personally somewhat intrigued by this possible lineup...

Phillips

Cozart

Votto

Pence

Bruce

Frazier/Rolen

Stubbs

Hanigan/Meso

Ludwick would slide into the 4th OF'er role, and Heisey would almost have to be included in a deal.

Not sure how much a difference it would make, but it's an intriguing option IMO.

I agree, although I am personally somewhat intrigued by this possible lineup...

Phillips

Cozart

Votto

Pence

Bruce

Frazier/Rolen

Stubbs

Hanigan/Meso

Ludwick would slide into the 4th OF'er role, and Heisey would almost have to be included in a deal.

Not sure how much a difference it would make, but it's an intriguing option IMO.

Pence would be a big name like I'm talking about. I don't really see Philly selling though.

I hope Walt doesn't make a move just for the sake of making a move because he feels like he needs to do something. It needs to be something that drastically improves the team.